twenty three //

[m/n] groaned, putting his head down on the desk, some of the papers on the pile in front of him floating perilously towards the floor. "I'm so tired… can't this year end already…?"

"My baby!"

[m/n] smiled slightly as he hears the door to the student council office open, Kim Sunwoo strutting in as if he didn't have an exam later that day. [m/n] put his head down again, smiling when he heard Sunwoo whining playfully because his boyfriend ignored him.

"Yah, Choi [m/n]!" Sunwoo exclaimed, scurrying over to him. He pressed his head to [m/n]'s, towering above him. "Don't ignore me, I know you're awake. Come on, pay attention to me."

"I have work to do," [m/n] complained, lifting his head slowly so that his and Sunwoo's heads wouldn't collide. "These assignment marks have to be tallied, and I have to do it for four classes."

"Let me help, I'm sure I can," Sunwoo said, sitting beside him. [m/n] smiled at him and Sunwoo kissed his cheek, lifting his hand to ruffle [m/n]'s messy hair. "Ah, my baby looks so tired. So sleepy, and so cute. What a cutie."

"You're cuter," [m/n] smiled, lifting his hands to press Sunwoo's cheeks. "Ah, so pretty. I'm glad I'm dating you."

"We've been dating for almost two months," Sunwoo pouted, "and you barely say stuff like that. For you not speaking like that all the time, I think I deserve a kiss or two—"

"If you help me with this, then I'll consider it," [m/n] smiled, dividing the paper between them. Heeseung and Yedam stepped in, bowing towards the couple as they set their work down on the other side if the table.

"We all have the same work, it seems," Heeseung sighed, setting his work out into neat piles in front of him. "Assignment season sucks. We're always so busy."

"Yeah," [m/n] complained as well. "But I have a very kind, generous, sweet boyfriend that's going to help me because senior exams absolutely suck."

"Lucky," Yedam sighed, shaking his head. "Even Hyunjin hyung is really busy these days. Not to mention the planning for the senior graduation party — he's really all over the place, poor guy."

"You should go cheer him up, baby," Sunwoo suggested, turning to the other. "I'll do some of your work for you, and when it's done, we can get some studying done, okay? I know you'd rather revise your work more than anything, but you're stuck doing this."

"Where is he, then?" [m/n] asked, standing up from his seat. "I'll bring snacks back, too. No one's allergic to anything, right?"

"Nope."

"Goraebap, please," Sunwoo called out, smiling when [m/n] stuck his tongue out teasingly. [m/n] pressed a soft kiss to Sunwoo's temple before stepping away. "Hyunjin's in the teacher's lounge, waiting with Mr Kim."

"I'll be back soon, then."

"You two are really happy, huh?"

[m/n] nodded with a smile as he bit down on the ice cream in his hand, the flavour melting before he swallowed. "The last person I thought I'd grow feelings for was Kim Sunwoo. I didn't think he could be this cute. I want to just… kiss his forehead all day. What a cutie."

Hyunjin smiled, looking down at his hands that held the snack [m/n] had bought for him. "I'm glad you're happier. Much better than before." He looked at [m/n] suddenly, causing the other to look at him as well. "You don't miss him?"

"Who, Kim Yohan?"

"Yeah."

[m/n] scoffed, lifting up his ice cream. "I don't care about him anymore. Now that I have Sunwoo… my heart is healed and I'm ready to love again. I'm pretty sure Yohan's doing okay as well. He seemed happier without me."

"Heck, even I think he'll be okay with how things turned out," Hyunjin smiled. "But enough about that guy. He's in the past and you're better with Sunwoo. I've never seen a healthier relationship in my life. You're just… such good supports for one another. A perfect match, really."

"You should find happiness too — after school, at least," [m/n] said, biting of his ice cream again. "Things are too hectic right now. Hopefully, you'll find someone to love."

"I'm okay without a partner," Hyunjin shrugged. "I have my dog Kkami and that's more than enough."

[m/n] laughed before standing up. He held his hand out in front of Hyunjin and the black-haired boy high-fived him. "Keep your spirits up, exams are almost over. I'll see you later, okay? Fighting…!"

[m/n] waved his hand as he walked off, bag of snacks in hand with his ice cream in the other. Hyunjin smiled, looking down at the snack again. He finally figured out why Jinyoung was so stern about protecting him — [m/n] was precious. He was undoubtedly sweet and kind, and never hesitated to help anyone.

At some point, Hyunjin regretted rejecting [m/n], seeing how amazing a person he was while in a relationship. But he knew it would be the same with him — he found that part of him because of Sunwoo, whom was the only one abke to bring that side out of [m/n]. He made [m/n] more playful, cheerful and excitable, which was quite admirable.

He's never seen [m/n] that happy in his life.

Hyunjin stood up from the bench, stretching his arms above his head before he begsn walking ahead. "You had the right idea, Jinyoung — we have to protect that flower-loving kid for as long as we can."