three //

[m/n] was on his way to school after stopping at a convenience store to buy snacks, since he didn't want to stand in line at the school convenience store. He had packed his own lunch, since Tuesdays were sujebi and he wasn't quite a fan of that food. He found himself walking alone for quite a distance, but he felt someone's arm around his shoulder.

"K-Kim Sunwoo. What do you want?" [m/n] sighed, pushing Sunwoo's arm off.

"Nothing, just wanted to say thanks for the yoghurt yesterday," Sunwoo said, striding beside him with his hands in his grey hoodie pockets. "If I want to get things from you, should I carry your books for you?"

[m/n] scoffed, rolling his eyes slightly. "Maybe. Carry my bag for me and I'll give you goraebap."

"Deal." [m/n] looked at him with a frown before thinking that maybe it was a good thing. He took his bag off, holding it out to Sunwoo and the taller took the bag, holding it on one shoulder. "You swear you'll give me goraebap? I've been craving since yesterday."

"Yes, I bought them earlier," [m/n] confirmed, hitting his bag to make the sound of the various chip and snack packets. Sunwoo hummed, his eyes drifting around for a moment as he looked at their surroundings.

"I never really asked, by the way," Sunwoo began, earning the shorter boy's attention, "but you never told me why you… hate me."

"You're annoying and loud," [m/n] answered simply. "You work on my nerves by constantly bothering me with your presence, and you're an idiot with no desire to grow academically. What else do you want to know?"

Sunwoo was quiet, looking down at the ground as they walked. He had slowed down a bit, so [m/n] eventually stopped walking. "So that's why you dislike me, huh? Because I'm annoying. Well… I'm sorry for being annoying and always bothering you."

And for a moment, [m/n] felt bad. Sunwoo genuinely looked hurt, and [m/n] felt bad for being overly honest. "Sunwoo…" He tried to search for words to comfort the boy, but Sunwoo looked like he was about to take [m/n]'s bag off his shoulder. "Sunwoo, wait. You may be an idiot and the class clown, but… that's your charm, I guess. You're able to make people happy — something I can't do."

Sunwoo suddenly smiled. "But you make me happy." [m/n] looked at him, his cheeks burning slightly. His ears turned red and he avoided eye contact. "Why do you think I like bothering you? I like being around you. And if someone that has many friends likes being with one specific person, it means something."

[m/n] turned around and continued walking ahead. "Sh-shut up, we have to get to school."

"Your ears are red."

"Leave me alone!"

"[m/n] hyung! There you are!"

[m/n] turned at the mention of his name, watching as one of the sophomores approach him. "Mashiho — what's up?"

Mashiho grabbed his hands, holding them as he tugged [m/n] forward. "Please, please, please be my tutor! I got assigned with Choi Jisu hyung and I'm almost 100% he's as bad at Korean as I am. I'm destined to fail. Please, [m/n] hyung, I'm begging you."

[m/n] laughed slightly, patting Mashiho's hands before he let him go. "I already have my students, Mashi-kun. I'd love to help you, but I can't during the study sessions."

"Well, who are your students? Can't I join you? I don't struggle in anything except Korean, I swear."

[m/n] seemed to think for a moment, since Mashiho's desperate eyes looked absolutely adorable at that moment, and he simply couldn't resist the puppy eyes. "I'll have to talk to your tutor first. Do you know where Choi Jisu could be right now?"

"Ah, you're a lifesaver, hyung," Mashiho smiled brightly, holding [m/n]'s hands tightly. "He should be in his class, probably pretending to be smart. It couldn't thank you enough."

"Don't thank me just yet," [m/n] laughed, reaching to ruffle the Japanese boy's hair. "Meet me during the last period's break, and we'll see. I still have to get the list of students I have to tutor."

"I know you'll convince him, he'll want as little students as possible," Mashiho laughed, hugging [m/n]'s hands one last time. "I'll see you later, hyung. Thank you!"

Mashiho scurried off and [m/n] sighed, shaking his head. Mashiho was absolutely adorable, but impossible to deny. [m/n] wasn't usuallt soft, but the Japanese boy definitely needed better help than Choi Jisu, who was at most a 65-percenter — not that it was bad, but it was pretty low for a tutor, especially with their school's standard.

[m/n] made his way to the student council room, bowing at Mr Seo as he left the room. He noticed that he was the only one in the room and quickly walked over to the tutor list. He paged through the file, finding his class and the list of students that would be tutors.

Per Korean alphabetical order, his name was near the bottom, just above another Choi. He read the names to himself quietly. "Park Jisung, Yang Jeongin, Ham Wonjin, and…—"

"Kim Sunwoo."

[m/n] looked up, seeing the familiar brunette boy at the door, headphones around his neck as usual. "You're one of my students?"

Sunwoo nodded, walking further into the room. "Guess I require tutoring. I am a little dumb, it seems."

[m/n] felt his stomach turn at those words, feeling guilt course through his system. "Sunwoo…"

"You owe me snacks, but the way," Sunwoo changed the subject quickly, sensing that [m/n] felt rather negative at that moment. "But I guess you can keep it, since you'll be tutoring me and I'll be taking a bit of your time. Maybe I should buy you snacks from now on."

"Don't do that," [m/n] said quickly. "J-just… don't work on my nerves. You're not… dumb, I just get annoyed easily. Don't worry."

Sunwoo gave his signature grin and [m/n] felt as if he were melting at that moment. His ears were tinted red and he looked away before Sunwoo noticed. "Anyways, [m/n]-ah, I think we have some assignment division to do."

"I do — you're not a member of the student council."

"Ay, I basically am."