thirteen //

[m/n] had his cheeks stuffed with a huge bite of corndog he had eaten, holding the stick carefully do that the tomato sauce didn't spill anywhere. He was trying not laugh at something Jinyoung was saying, since he had food in his mouth, but it was game over when he started coughing.

"Ah, [m/n]—!"

Sunwoo quickly held a water bottle to the other, taking the cap off and holding it to him. "You should eat slower."

"I was eating slowly," [m/n] muttered as he continued chewing instead of drinking the water. "Jinyoung said that dumb pun and I laughed. Wait, let me eat finished."

Sunwoo picked up a tissue, using it to wipe the tomato sauce off [m/n]'s lips. [m/n] frowned, moving his head away. "What?"

"I'm fine, don't do that," [m/n] said quickly before drinking of the water. Sunwoo waited, however, since [m/n] clearly needed help, despite how arrogant he was being.

"Hey, stop flirting," Jihoon said with a laugh. "Yah, Sunwoo, if you keep looking at him like that, you'll raise questions."

Sunwoo seemed to shrugged. "I'm not too bothered."

The boys 'ooh'd childishly and [m/n] only glared at them. Sunwoo laughed as well to make it seem like he was making a joke, but [m/n] knew his true intention. [m/n] scoffed, taking the tissue from Sunwoo's hand. "Don't listen to him, he's annoying."

"Such a tsundere," Jungmo chuckled, leaning onto his hand as he tilted his head.

[m/n] glared at his friend. "You're beginning to sound like Beomgyu, and that's not a good thing. He's annoying, and I don't want to find you annoying, Jungmo."

"Jungmo's pretty annoying, though," Jinyoung commented, earning a whine of protest from the tall boy beside him.

[m/n] looked at Sunwoo with dulled eyes before looking away, his ears giving him away quite easily. "Y-you need to shut up sometimes. What if they think stuff about you…?"

"So what if they do? It's true, anyways," Sunwoo shrugged, facing forward again. "Your ears are red again."

"Sh-shut up!"

"It's the countryside!"

"Yah, Choi Jisu, stop being so loud!"

[m/n] got off the bus and gasped, looking around with big eyes. The air of Hoengseong was much fresher than he expected, and their lodging was big too. It was a giant dorm-like structure with multiple doors lining up on one side, doing so upstairs as well. There were ten doors downstairs, with ten upstairs.

"I'm guessing we'll divide the rooms by class," [m/n] commented. "We have to get the class prefects together to discuss dorm division."

"Where is Seo Woobin, anyways? I'll gather them," Sunwoo grinned, running off before [m/n] could say anything. [m/n] sighed, muttering a faint "That guy…" under his breath before walking on to look for Hyunjin.

"Ah, Hyunjin-ssi," [m/n] called out, walking to the now black-haired boy. "I'm getting the prefects together to sort out rooms. You meet up with the teachers or guide the students to the main meeting area before sorting things out."

"I'll leave it to you," Hyunjin smiled before raising his hands. "Everyone, we'll be heading this way! See you later, [m/n]."

[m/n] nodded and walked in the opposite direction of the crowd, his eyes searching for Sunwoo. He saw the brunette boy and scurried over to them, stopping at the group of four boys. "Sunwoo, you can head on ahead, I'll catch up after this."

"No, I'll stay," Sunwoo said quickly. [m/n] didn't have time to think before shaking his head and discussing the room division with the three class prefects. They then decided to do it by random selection, three boys from each class would be in the same room. The prefects would draw up the list, so Sunwoo and [m/n] left together.

"I knew I'd be busy here," [m/n] sighed, stretching his arms above his head. "We'll get out stuff later in the bus, so let's just get the tour over and done with so that I can rest—"

"[m/n]." Sunwoo looked at [m/n], and the other looked at him with a hum. "I think… you and Hyunjin should talk things out. You should get clearance, and… hopefully, you two will work something out…—"

"Why are you so adamant about Hyunjin and I?" [m/n] asked, stopping in his footsteps to frown at Sunwoo. "You… you said you like me. So why…?"

"Because I want you to be happy, and Hyunjin seems to make you happy," Sunwoo replied quickly. "I don't want you to… force yourself to somehow have feelings for me when all I did was annoy and pester you. I'm sorry for always bothering you. So… be with him. He makes you happy."

"You don't know what makes me happy."

Sunwoo widened his eyes in shock. "What…?"

"Reasons for happiness change all the time," [m/n] shrugged. "And you… don't pester me, Sunwoo-ya. Sure, you're a little annoying, but… you're there. And… I like that you're there. You make me happy too."

Sunwoo felt his cheeks burning as [m/n] looked away, his ears bright red from embarrassment. "I do…?"

However, [m/n] mustered up a smile before turning around quickly. "L-let's just head to others! Here, carry my bag, since you like doing that so much."

Sunwoo grinned, taking [m/n]'s backpack and swinging it over his shoulder, just like he did every other day of school. [m/n] liked Hyunjin — or so he thought. He wasn't sure if he liked him or just really admired him, like every other student. Hyunjin was just the perfect guy, and a real sweetheart — it was difficult to hate him.

Sunwoo, however, was just a loveable idiot. He was playful, nice and really helpful, often sacrificing his own time for anyone else. He was selfless. Although [m/n] originally hated that Sunwoo was always around and could replace him at any moment, he grew accustomed to the smiley boy's presence. However, [m/n] feared liking him.

Because Sunwoo and Hyunjin both had reputations that preceded them, and getting involved romantically with another guy would be detrimental to their social lives.