twelve //

Sunwoo's eyes were frantic, searching everywhere for the male that was once easy to spot due to his blonde hair - but a recent haircut and dye job proved for him to blend in with the rest of the students. Sunwoo soon found Hyunjin, however, walking down the corridor with his phone in hand. The students were clearing out, most walking downstairs, but Hyunjin naturally headed to the student council room.

"Oh, hey, Sunwoo," Hyunjin greeted with a smile as he pocketed his phone.

"You know how [m/n] feels."

Hyunjin's smile fell, at first in confusion, but then he fully understood the situation. Sunwoo's usually smiling expression was now stern and rather blank. Hyunjin sighed, putting his hands in his pockets. "I can't do anything about it right now. I need to just... make sure those rumors don't get out of hand because I'm not gay. Sure, [m/n] got a little hurt, but I can't let anyone... know."

Sunwoo clenched his hands by his side before heaving out a heavy breath. "[m/n] really likes you, Hyunjin. He admires you a whole lot, and I think he will feel led on if you keep going this direction. Do you like [m/n]?"

Hyunjin looked down, his shoulders sagging ever so slightly. "Don't you...?"

"I know you do," Sunwoo said quickly. "If you like him and he likes you, do something before you lose him." Sunwoo stepped forward, determination lacing both his expression and voice as he suddenly spoke lower. "Because if you don't do something, I will."

"It's not that easy," Hyunjin shook his head. "Go ahead. Have him. My circumstances can't match my feelings right now, and I want [m/n] to feel loved."

"What [m/n] wants is to be with you, and... all I want is for him to be happy," Sunwoo muttered, increasing the distance between them again. "I'll let you do your best efforts to be with him, and I'll even help because I just want to help him find happiness - with you."

"You can't sacrifice your happiness for someone else."

"If it's for [m/n], then so what?" Sunwoo asked quickly, making Hyunjin widen his eyes in shock. "He's a great guy, and I'm sure you'll be together for a while - once you get together, that is. I just want him to be happy - seeing him smile is more than enough. However, if you let him down, then I'll take the chance. For now... he's all yours."

Before Hyunjin could respond, Sunwoo walked away. He looked down at his hands, his chest feeling heavy. He felt guilty because of his own fear. Hyunjin wasn't out of the closet yet, and despite knowing that his peers were more than accepting, his parents were the main problem. If they found out, it would be game over.

He didn't want to damage his future and current relationships, but he didn't want to hurt the boy liked any further.

The senior MT weekend arrived, and everyone was in high spirits. With 3 classes and around 22 students per class, the total number of students came to 65. The group was large, but [m/n] stuck around his unfairly tall best friends. Jinyoung looked as attractive as ever, while Jungmo looked as if he wanted to go home, despite being pretty excited.

"Do you think it'll be awkward between you and Hyunjin?" Jihoon questioned, positioning his sling bag onto his shoulder as the strap felt a little weird. "You... like him, don't you?"

[m/n] ended up heaving a sigh, shrugging his shoulders. "I don't know. He said not to speak about our, uh... day together and I shouldn't call it a date - which is weird, because he wanted to call it one. Whatever. Boys are stupid."

"We are stupid, and you are here to enjoy yourself - so enjoy yourself," Jinyoung smiled, squeezing [m/n]'s cheeks. "I'll stay by your side so no annoying boys come your way, okay?"

"That's mean, considering that [m/n] likes guys," Jungmo commented, earning a laugh from his friends. "How fun is it that [m/n]'s best friends are a bisexual, a pansexual idiot and a violently straight idiot?"

"Hey, I'm just being an ally, okay?" Jinyoung said, punching Jungmo's arm. "You guys are still my friends, even after coming out, and that's okay."

"I wish there were more people like you," [m/n] sighed, looking at Jinyoung. "People with... common sense."

"You're absolutely blessed with your parents, though."

"Because I get good grades - if I wasn't smart, I wonder how they'd treat me," [m/n] said, a thoughtful look on his expression. "Whatever, the bus is loading. We should head on. Who's buying rest stop snacks?"

The boys held their fists forward in front of them and Jihoon called the game. "If you don't play, you lose - rock paper scissors. Rock paper scissors. Scissors. I win. Scissors. [m/n] win. Scissors. Jungmo loses!"

"Ah, this is unfair!"

[m/n] laughed at him, pointing his finger teasingly. Jungmo kept complaining that Jihoon eats a lot while they walked to the bus. Hyunjin was keeping tabs of everyone entering the bus to make sure they got on by putting a white circular sticker on their shirts. It was eventually [m/n]'s run with him and they made fated eye contact.

"Morning, Hyunjin," [m/n] smiled slightly, and Hyunjin returned his smile. "Uhm... hope you have fun today."

"Shhhh, don't talk, just walk, we wanna leave," Jinyoung urged, tapping [m/n]'s arm impatiently. Hyunjin quickly put the sticker on [m/n]'s upper chest and waved sweetly as he got onto the bus. [m/n] felt his heart pounding, but he continued his way onto the bus to find seats for himself and his friends.

He noticed Sunwoo sitting alone with earphones in and realised that he was alone. His only friends were the student council kids, and they had their own friends. There were two seats available beside Sunwoo, as well as seats behind him. "Guys, let's sit with Sunwoo."

"Yah, Kim Sunwoo, keep those seats open," Jihoon called out, making Sunwoo quickly take his earphones out. "We're coming there."

Seeing Sunwoo suddenly smile brightly made [m/n] smile. Sunwoo nodded, taking his bag off the best beside him and the boys joined his side to accompany him. [m/n] hoped that Sunwoo smiled so genuinely more often, since his usual smile just accompanied his dumbass image. Seeing that toothy grin made [m/n] somehow feel warm inside.

But, once again, he didn't want to be obvious.