Sherbert cookie x gn! Reader

My heart is broken

CONTAINS SPOILERS FOR THE FROST STORY

The snow was beautiful, it's soft and is the world's pillow..however not as warm and comforting like our average pillows..it was cold.. you, cotton, and sherbet cookie have been friends for the longest time maybe ever since the first time you saw snow fall.

"Ah! Cotton cookie, y/n! Are you off to visit sherbet cookie?" A villager of your village asked, "Yea, we're gonna deliver him warm supplies!" Cotton cookie said. "Ah, i see..so his sickness is getting worse.." "sherbet cookie will be alright. We must go before the snow gets worse." You and cotton get ready and the villager bids you a farewell and a hope that you guys will be safe.

"Sherbet cookie, we're here." You gently called out. "Cotton cookie?...y/n? Thanks, how was your day? Did the sheep cause you any trouble?" You giggled and cotton cookie sighs, explaining that the sheep grow so fluffy they can't even mov and how cotton was almost drowning in all the wool. Sherbet chuckles, "sounds like so much trouble..those stubborn sheep of yours and y/n." Y/n pouts "they may be pretty stubborn but they're still our pride and joy!"

Sherbet chuckles once more and cotton decides to ask, "how are you feeling though?..still feeling cold?" Sherbet nods and explains how he can't hide it anymore, even the glass he touches gets covered with frost i mere seconds. "Maybe it's time the Frost witch came for me..." and proceeds to ask the two of you about the stories to which cotton frowns, "don't say that!..they're just scary tales for kids! Nobody's gonna take you away! And even if this Witch comes, me and y/n will protect you!" Cotton grabs your hand. Sherbet grows a small blush at the thought of you holding him and protecting him but chuckles, "y/n and that crook of yours? Ha ha...I'll admit it does look pretty strong..but at times, i feel..strange.."

Sherbet explains more about how the colder he feels the stronger the snow is and keeps hearing a voice from a gray distance calling out to him, "but when i close my eyes and follow this voice..every time it's only endless snow as far as i can see..what if..what if it's the Frost witch calling out to me?" You grasped the cold hands of your once warm friend, "don't say that! Even if it is don't follow it! You'll get better!" Sherbet grows even more flustered and looks into your determined eyes, the warmth of your hands seeping into his Ice cold body.

Cotton nods, "Yea! When you get better! We'll go wherever you want! All of us together! Hand in hand! I promise!" Sherbet in melancholy says, "someday though..thank you, y/n, cotton cookie. You two are good friends.
Cotton cookie decided it was time to go but you decided to stay and look after sherbet. "Alright, be safe cotton cookie! The snow looks like it's getting rougher.." you said in worry.

"Tehe! I will y/n! I'll see you both tommorow." The three of you exchange your goodbyes and relax. "..y/n, you didn't really have to stay.." you laugh, "of course i have to! You're my friend! And i promise both you and cotton that you'll get better." Sherbet merely nods and looks down with a small blush, "thank you..again y/n." It was getting late and you found yourself falling asleep on the couch, the only sound was the snow falling and your breathing.

"That voice..it keeps calling me..I..can't wait any longer..I must-" he gets up and walks to the door, however stopping to look at you, your h/c locks falling on your face as you snore lightly and nuzzle up into the cushiony seat. "..." sherbet walks towards you and kneels down and silently places a cold kiss on your warm lips before moving his hands to move out the hair on your face to which you shiver. He retracts his hand and stares at you for a few more seconds before the voice beckons him even more.

The next morning..you woke up to see sherbet not in his bed..where did he..go?..

Part 2 soon-