Sherbet cookie x gn! Reader part 2

Still sobbing a goddamn waterfall- and have a drawing of y/n and cotton cookie it was very rushed

The morning came and only gentle snow than the usual rough snow. You sat up and looked around for sherbet cookie in panic, cotton candy opened the door and shared the same face as you did, "w-where's sherbet cookie!?" You stared in horror, "do you think..he..followed the voice he talked about!?" Cotton candy's face just worsen, "we need to find him!"

You both ran out of his warm house and into the harsh snow, "i-it's so cold..." cotton candy whimpered to which you nodded in reply, "b-but sherbet c-cookie n-needs u-us.." you weakly said. In the distance you see two figures, one of them you both recognized. "S-sherbet..cookie?.." was all you said before passing out and succumbing to the snow.

You woke up to someone nudging you, "n...y/n! Please wake up!" It was cotton cookie, "where..where are we?..." you sat up and saw sherbet next to you, "sherbet! Sherbet?! Sherbet cookie wake up!" Just then, a voice pierced through you, "foolish children! Why are two roaming this snowy barren alone?" Cotton cookie's eyes widened, "you..are you the...frost witch!?" The cookie simply stared, "is this really the question you wish to ask, cookie with a lantern?" Her eyes drifted to you holding a cold and unconscious sherbet cookie, "is sherbet cookie alright!? Oh no, he's cold as a crystal of ice y/n!"

You continued to hold him close to your body in an attempt to warm him up, muttering, "please wake up.." "what did you do to our friend!?" Cotton cookie demanded to which the Frost witch said "not a thing. It is merely the time for this child's life to become one with snow once more."

"What are you...it was you who cursed him and took him away from us!" You yelled, "why did you do it?! You can't take his life! Bring him back!" The two of you demanded. "His life interests me not. But the order of things must be upheld. Yes..i shall grant you a glimpse of the truth." The frost witch explains about how to keep life going, guardians are chosen to maintain it and how she's tasked to take care of the Frost Children to become one with nature and reach the source.

"Frost..children?" You questioned. The cookie then explained further more about how this was a blessing to allow new life to bloom, "I...I dont believe you..Sherbet cookie doesn't want any of this!" "This is they way Nature is, therefore it is his child's natural desire. His will. Do you understand? The principle of Nature cannot be broken."

"There..there must be something! We can do! Anything! We'll do anything to rescue him!" Frost queen cookie sighed and told cotton cookie and you there might be a way. "What is it?! Please, tell us what we need to do!" The frost witch explains there is a flower that grows atop a cliff called the Wind Flower and that this flower can bring warmth back for a while.

"But the blizzard is raging outside. The search will be an impossible task. Wandering a,on the frozen ridges. You may risk your last chances to see the very cookie you cherish. Will you accept such risk?" Cotton cookie looked at you and the unconscious sherbet. "..we will. We will find the wind flower no matter what! Come on y/n!" You looked at cotton cookie with determination and nodded

Time skip cause I'm too lazy

"Cotton cookie! There it is! A flower!" You pointed at a high cliff with a single flower blooming, "ah! The flower! Maybe we can jump and reach it but.." "no time cotton cookie! I'm going in!" You mustered all the strength that the snow drained from you and ran. "Wait! Y/n!"

More timeskip

You have retrieved the flower, in your arms, a barely conscious sherbet cookie. "Bet..cookie! Sherbet cookie wake up!" You frantically screamed with tears and next to you was cotton cookie. "I did not expect such success, enjoy it for a brief moment, this should be enough to say goodbye."

"Sherbet cookie.." cotton cookie sobbed, "cotton cookie..y/n..? Thank you for being my friends..cotton cookie, as i saw endless snow..i saw another color..It was your lantern that guided me from..getting lost, it made me feel less lonely and warm..and y/n.." sherbet weakly looked at you who was crying a waterfall. "Y/n..please don't cry..the other thing that kept me warm was..you, the..love i had for you.." you choked on your tears "sherbet...i..i loved you too.." cotton cookie hugged your side, crying as well. "And..the friendship we had together has..got us all the way up to this point.." sherbet raised a weak and cold hand to wipe some tears to which you gently grabbed the hand. "This is..goodbye.."

"Sherbet cookie! Sherbet cookie! Please!" Cotton cookie sobbed out, "please don't go! Please don't disappear! Please!" You tried to keep his hand on your cheek to which everything disappeared and all you had was the cold seeping back to your body and your hand grasping nothing but air..

More timeskip cause I'm sobbing a bigger waterfall

"Look at me Cotton cookie! Y/n! I can fly!" You and cotton cookie smiled "that's great! So..he's back?" Frost queen cookie shook her head and explained he needs to find his goal as she did. Sherbet began telling the things he felt and where he wanted to go, "oh! You should come with me y/n! Cotton cookie!" You sniffled, "that's great but..I'll stay here.." Cotton cookie agreed, "we'll stay here..we'll protect the memories we made together..you should go..please come back and tell us what you see." Sherbet nodded, "ok, this is goodbye! Oh and y/n." You looked up at him to be met with a cold kiss, "thank you..i love you.." you felt your cheeks heat up and touched your lips and smiled too, "i love you too..wherever you are..sherbet.."

And that is how the tradition of lanterns came to be, the two cookies hung their lanterns on the highest tree in hopes their friend comes back, sooner or later, the others began to follow. Thus creating this tradition to guide the frost children.