The glass of Whiskey

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

The next day was Thursday, Iris usually worked the evening shift at the Leaky Cauldron, which allowed her to spend her morning doing whatever she wanted

The next day was Thursday, Iris usually worked the evening shift at the Leaky Cauldron, which allowed her to spend her morning doing whatever she wanted. This thursday of all days, she decided it would be best to prepare herself for what was to come. At some point she was going to have to meet George, she just wasn't sure how. It wouldn't be hard. She knew that. After all the pair both worked and lived on the same street. Iris in the Leaky Cauldron as its most prominent waiting staff, and George just a few buildings down at Weasley Wizarding Weezes as its founder, owner and she supposed whatever else that included. She could simply just walk out of her bedroom that morning and over to his shop and start their meeting that way. 

However, what was stopping her was seeing just how busy the street was that day. Diagon Alley had its more busier times yet this random Thursday did not follow the trend. Obviously during the school holidays it was bustling at all times, especially when the Hogwarts letters had gone out. And then on weekends most magi-folk came out to do their shopping. Yet today it was probably the busiest Iris had seen it since she moved into her room in the Leaky Cauldron in August. There didn't seem to be a space of quiet down the entire street. Everywhere she looked there was a gathering of people. In front of shops, inside of shops, there was even a queue to the bank. 

The more Iris people watched that morning the more she noticed that nearly every single one of the people on the wizarding hughstreet were approximately the same age as her. It was almost as if her entire generation of post Hogwarts students were out shopping. And that was when it dawned on her just why they were all out shopping. Following the announcement the day prior it would seem as though everyone was out getting new things to meet their arranged spouses in. They would be shopping for new outfits, gifts Iris wasn't sure. But she was now adamant that she wouldn't be heading down the street for a while. At least until it became a little more quiet. Though she wasn't sure when that was going to be. 

Which meant her usual ice cream for lunch on a Thursday was not going to happen. Which was a shame considering Iris had made a routine out of it. The owner at Florean Fortescue's Ice Cream Parlour, had started to know her well. And considering she was such a prominent figure in the alley she had even been given a small discount now each time she ordered. Or perhaps it was due to her spending a large portion of her pay check in the establishment either or. But she was going to miss out on the ice cream treat she had become so used to. It also meant that she would like most days of the week be eating all her meals for the day in the pub she worked and lived in. 

But Iris wanted to not spend all day downstairs in the pub considering she was due to start work at 4pm. Therefore, her only option if she didn't want to venture into muggle London was to spend her day in her bedroom. Iris didn't hate solitude, she never had. At one point in her life the quiet the solitude brought her away from Lavender's constant need to fill anywhere void of sound was perfect to her. Iris used to tuck herself away in her room at home to just read. Do anything to preoccupy her mind that didn't include talking for hours upon end about relationships or other things like her sister could. But now, she would do anything to have her sister follow her to her room, again, and sit there pestering her whilst she tried to read the book she had recently taken out of the library.