The Brothers

"You've straightened your hair

"You've straightened your hair. It looks pretty." George commented when Iris finally emerged from the bedroom they had been sharing in his flat for a few weeks now. Sure she had initially refused to move in with him in his current flat but she had eventually let up and moved the final belongings of her own into the one bedroom that the pair of them used. George had been pottering about whilst she had been getting ready for the last 40 minutes or so wondering what was taking her longer than usual to get ready. And his questions had been answered. 

"Thanks. Forgot how long it took. Not sure it's worth it." Iris mumbled as her fingers moved through the bottom of her now straight hair. Sure for now it felt nice and it looked good in the mirror but the heat damage to her hair was probably not really worth it. 

"You look stunning. It's a nice change." George commented as he moved to gently twirl one of the strands through his own fingers. It was the first time he had seen her without her natural curls and like he had mentioned it was a nice change. He knew that at this point, he was so far gone that it would not matter what Iris really looked like he would still be head over heels for her. 

He passed her the mug of tea that had been brewing for probably a little too long at this point. But nevertheless was still warm enough to drink, and would probably be the temperature that Iris would actually drink it at. Iris only gave him a nod in response getting the note he was passing to her, drink up we have somewhere to be today. And that they really did. Though they had book no exact time to go, George could only get so much time away from the shop in order to do anything really during the day. Lee had been nice enough to allow them to have most of the morning off admitting that he had been working there since the beginning and therefore could be trusted to run the shop front whilst the pair of them finally checked off the thing that George had been avoiding doing for so long. 

At first Lee had mentioned leaving the shop in the hands of their two female staff members to run for the morning so the two boys could go together. That was before George admitted that he really needed to do this alone first. Iris was only going for a little bit of emotional support. George would be the only one going all the way, Iris would stop a few feet beforehand and wait for him to be done. Lee did not argue against this knowing it was something George needed to do and therefore volunteered to stay behind at the shop so that George could take as long as he needed, with no rush to be back staying away for the day if needed. Only George wanted to be back for the afternoon. 

"Can't believe you're dressing up for this."

"And you haven't?" Iris responded motioning at George's rather extravagant looking green top. A top which matched the newly coloured hair he was sporting. This dye was more temporary than the others, supposedly, currently being a new product the man was working on for the shop. Having rather enjoyed the idea of just changing his hair so easily he was starting to make a product to match the idea of making it more easy. 

"Okay so I'm only doing it because I know Fred likes the dramatics. He would be appalled if I didn't make an event out of visiting him." George shrugged before he looked at Iris more deeply. "What's your excuse?"