The Trip to Nottingham

A day Iris was not sure was ever going to come was suddenly upon her

A day Iris was not sure was ever going to come was suddenly upon her. Just a few days prior she had received an owl, a incredibly familiar owl with filled her with a sense of deja vu. The letter attached could of only come from one of two people considering Yardy the Brown family owl was only now used by her mother and father. It meant that she was finally hearing from her parents. Her parents who had not allowed her to step foot into her childhood home over the holiday period were now reaching out to her. Inviting her over for dinner. The invite having been extended to allow her to bring a plus one with her. 

And there was no chance that Iris was going to head there alone. Not after knowing that the last time the Brown family had sat down and really had a proper conversation it had resulted in her packing her bags and moving out that very night whilst her parents slept. Therefore, it could head in either direction she would either call it quits and leave early once again or there could be a miracle twist of fate and things would go well. Not that she expected them to. After all, her parents had struggled even more than she had to come to terms with the fact that only one of their two children returned from school that year. And had promptly left the wizarding community that very summer. 

George however, at the news of having been invited to finally meet Iris' parents was much more excited than the witch could ever be. He had thought it had been too long since the family had truly sat down together, he wondered if they had even grieved together. But considering the stories Iris had told him he did not expect this to have occurred. And he thought it might have just been a step in the right direction if Iris' parents were reaching out to her. That the family could start to heal.

He was also desperate to set a good example. He wanted to show to them that he was going to be about for a very long time, that he would love their daughter more than they could ever imagine someone doing. And he wanted to prove to them that she was still safe in the wizarding world. He was under the belief that since they had left the wizarding community that they were not aware of the arranged marriage decree. So he was tempted to just introduce himself as Iris' boyfriend rather than ministry assigned partner turned boyfriend. It seemed like the better angle to swing. Therefore, this time it was him dressing to impress rather than Iris. She had told him that there was very little point in him putting in a great deal of effort under the belief they wouldn't be there for very long before returning. 

"I am dressing up to impress your parents Iris. I want them to like me." George was fiddling with the tie he had picked up to wear. The tie was bright yellow like his hair currently was.

"George it's practically impossible to not like you." Iris attempted to pull the tie away thinking that the shirt and trousers combination was way more serious than George needed to dress. 

"I like the tie, it matches my hair. They're going to think I'm bonkers when they look at me and catch the sunshine yellow." George had taken the tie back at this point and Iris let out a little laugh before turning serious.