The Ice Cream Parlour

Iris' morning had been one she never looked forwards to, not really

Iris' morning had been one she never looked forwards to, not really. Once a fortnight on a Wednesday she had a two hour therapy session. It had been something recommended to her just days after the Battle of Hogwarts and one she wasn't sure she would ever not need. The lady she went to see was named Murli. Murli was a halfblood witch who specialised in Grief counselling. Something that Iris did admit to herself that she needed. 

Iris had struggled greatly at the lost of her sister and best friend. Getting to know a world without Lavender in it, had been something she never thought she would need to do. After all Iris was the older sister, even if it was by just an hour or so, and therefore, in her mind she would never have to get used to Lavender not being around. Her sister was always in her life, when she had thought of the future when she was younger Lavender was always there right beside her. The few times she had dreamt of her own wedding, Lavender was there as her maid of honour. When she had thought about having children, Lavender was there beside her as their aunt and godmother. 

And now, she was having to move on with her life, experience things like that in the future, but the one person she could have guaranteed to be there, she wasn't. Her sister wasn't going to be there, and adjusting to that theory had not been easy. Getting around to experience it was even worse. 

But her sessions with Murli had begun to help. Iris could see that the way she was living wasn't helping her move on. If Iris was to focus to much on what could have been, she was missing out on the most important thing. Remembering her sister and honouring her sisters memory. All Iris wanted to do now, was to live for Lavender, so that her sister could look over her and experience those things with her still. Just probably not in the way either sister expected. 

Despite, admitting these sessions were necessary and that they were helping. That didn't stop how bad they made her feel. Iris often found herself aching to the point she felt numb following the sessions with Murli. And it hurt to have to talk through everything, to try to understand what she was really feeling, really understanding of it all. And it often lead her to want to execute an unhealthy habit in order to numb the pain. Yet she knew that doing so would not promote the healing she needed to go through. Therefore, she went to her normal, probably not healthy in the long run, way to cope. She was going back to her favourite shop on Diagon Alley. 

As the bell rang on the door of the Ice Cream Parlour, Iris pulled herself through the door, knowing that by getting an order inside she should hopefully start to feel a bit better. She could ease the pain with the scrumptious desserts she was about to devour. 

"Take a seat inside for the time being, Iris. I'll bring you something in a moment." Fleamont greeted the girl without her even having to say hello. Iris supposed it was because he had started to get to know her pretty well, and had picked up that every other Wednesday she would have a much sadder, downer day much like this one. And he always seemed to accommodate her, knowing what to provide to bring her moral back up again.