The Ice Skating Rink

There was one benefit of it finally becoming winter

There was one benefit of it finally becoming winter. Muggle London was opening all of the attractions in preparation for a very busy tourist season. And this meant that Iris and George could complete one of the things that they had set out on a bucket list to do. The bucket list had not been named but it was stretching to nearly two foot worth of parchment long and littered in the scrawl of both of them. Each time they had met up it became longer and longer. 

The first thing that George had written on there was to go Ice Skating in public. Apparently he had attempted it with his brother once before on a private lake and the boys were both so bad that they swore that they would never go publicly ice skating. And the massive ice skating ring that opened on Canary Wharf for the season was finally opened up again. Tickets were not hard to come by either, Iris taking a afternoon off work to venture out and purchase a pair before George could even think of pulling out. 

The pair met up at the flat above the joke shop, Iris being given a key to enter whenever she wanted. A rather forward motion but she was never going to say anything, happy enough that he trusted her with one. And as she waited on George to finish getting ready, Iris took a moment to realise just how far they had come in the space of a fortnight. They had kept the pressure off still not forcing a relationship where one was not ready to develop. But they had become significantly closer. 

They would now be considerably more touchy. Whether it was in public or private they were a lot more physical with one another than they had been. And each time they did so this caused Iris to fall just a little more in love with George. There was so much to him that people just did not see nor know because they were spending too much time focusing on the jokester or the twin. There were so many things from the simple way that he still muttered the little rhyme kids were told to tie their laces each time he put shoes on, to the way that when he wore proper dress shirts that he wore the cutest little train cuff links that he would then spend the rest of the day ensuring were the correct way up. 

"How cold is it outside? Do I need a scarf?" George's voice came from the direction of his bedroom, he was walking as he spoke the words getting louder and louder the closer he got to Iris. 

"It was nippy out, you're going to turn beet red in the cold so it's up to you whether you hide it with a scarf." Iris had one on herself, wrapped up in the lightest of her winter coats but not sure she whether she should have brought a thicker one the weather was turning colder as the hours passed. 

"You'd still think I was attractive even if I was beet red." George started as he stood in front of Iris as if to show off his outfit that had taken him way too long to pick out. 

"I didn't say I wouldn't Georgie, but you're going to complain the entire time about being cold." Iris nudged knowing from the last few times they had gone outside to do absolutely anything these last two weeks he had complained about how cold he was the entire time. 

"I will not."

"Grab a scarf. I'll put it in my bag if you don't need it." Iris did not want to start a petty argument, they were already running behind and were likely going to miss the first ten minutes of the time slot they had booked. She didn't want to miss anymore and knew that George would want to continue to argue until he won.