The Girls

Iris had to admit one thing she didn't realise she would feel the moment George Weasley shut her down, and that was that she felt dejected

Iris had to admit one thing she didn't realise she would feel the moment George Weasley shut her down, and that was that she felt dejected. She was more than aware that she too had expressed a disinterest in getting into a romantic relationship with the shop owner, but she had still had the idea of at least being friends. Romantic feelings took time to grow and therefore, being friends was a nice stepping stone. It would allow them to feel as though they weren't being pressured into diving head first into the relationship. Almost a little more natural, if they could at least get to know one another first. She knew his name, she knew what had happened in the battle but she knew nothing else really about him. And you couldn't form a relationship with someone without knowing anything about them. 

That dejected feeling, Iris wasn't sure she liked. She wasn't sure why it was so strong. The idea of having to marry to avoid going to prison was not something she enjoyed. And therefore, she assumed that anything related to it would just make her angry. Not upset. She should have understood that he too didn't want to be pressured into this relationship, and that was normal. She should have felt relief that he felt the same way that she did. But yet here she was disappointed about the entire conversation she had the night beforehand. Annoyed at herself that she hadn't pushed a little more to be friends at least. 

Maybe it was because, situations that involved the heart would probably always remind Iris of Lavender. Her sister, who was actually the younger twin by an hour and a half, was always the one more obsessed with the concept of love. Iris had very little interest in relationships whilst she was at school, she had struggled a lot with getting dates of any kind. But Lavender had flocked to the concept of love, and finding the one. Iris was always a little more focused on school work, maintaining the small friendship group she had and trying to just survive in school. All of which she struggled with, whereas Lavender the hopeless romantic still managed to do all that and successfully date. Something, Iris was certain went all to the younger twin. And it was because of this fascination with true love, and finding happiness that Iris knew that she needed to put the effort in. Because Lavender would have wanted to, would have wanted Iris to do so. And Iris would do anything to honour her sister. Even if it meant playing into the latest Ministry Scheme. 

And deciding that she was going to try to continue to pursue this idea, this relationship that was completely non existent at this rate. It meant that Iris would need some help. Some advice. She had only been on maybe a handful of dates, if that and none of them had been successful. She needed help on how she was even meant to approach this situation. And that would mean that she had to go and visit her friends. It hadn't taken a lot of planning, she had sent a single owl to Padma first regarding just how horrible the first meeting had occurred, and now she was going to be heading over there that evening. Lisa was supposed to be meeting them at the Patil house and the three could discuss just what was going on. 

Iris didn't work, Fridays and therefore was able to meet with the others regarding this. It wouldn't be difficult for her to make the time to see the rest of her friends on the Friday. She wasn't sure why she got the day off considering Friday nights were some of their busiest but then again it would appear that considering she worked the rest of the weekend, and most of the week she got the odd Monday off as well, that she deserved the Friday off. That meant that morning that she could spend a little time to herself, take a wander down a slightly quieter Diagon Alley and maybe get the ice cream she couldn't get yesterday.