The Restaurant

Despite knowing the pair were going as just 'friends' and having being told to not dress up

Despite knowing the pair were going as just 'friends' and having being told to not dress up. There was still a part of Iris that couldn't stop herself from looking at the nice dresses in her wardrobe. There had been some in there she had own for quite a while and wanted to wear out. But she wanted to wear many of those on a date. Which this was very clear not. And therefore, she had to revert to the normal pair of jeans and a nice shirt combo she used for most occasions. It was nothing special, and ensured she wasn't over dressed for the dinner. 

But the worst part was knowing that whilst she got dressed for a 'friendly' dinner, that part of her was disappointed in what she was going to attend. Iris wished that she could just get over herself and accept that they were heading in the right direction. That there was no need to rush into a relationship that both of them probably weren't ready for. That it was a good thing he wanted to do things together and not just stumble into each others lives. That he was making an effort to at least get to know her. But here she was, disappointed as ever and wondering just what god she had angered to put her into this situation. Where the chemistry wasn't instant when she met her supposed future husband, and then had to build this slow relationship. Where their friendship wasn't instant either, where even getting to that was a lot more work than she ever anticipated. 

Emotions were a difficult thing and Iris was struggling to not only manoeuvre through her own in just the terms of understanding what she felt. But all in all, she was doing a pretty rubbish job of controlling them. She was sure after a year she should be able to start to do things in her life that were just for her, such as maybe getting a romantic partner. Yet here she was feeling overwhelming guilt about getting ready to head on her not-date. She couldn't pin point exactly why she felt this. Maybe it was the idea of getting ready for her first date without her sister by her side to help her get ready. Perhaps it was the thought that she was going to a new restaurant something her sister would have loved to do. But Iris knew she needed to start living for herself and not for the memory of her sister. Yet it was proving rather hard to do. 

However as she stood there, staring at herself in the mirror and thinking yeah she looked pretty decent. Iris knew that her sister was looking down on her right now just as excited for this as Iris was. Sure it was only a meal between two friends but it was like she could hear Lavender telling her that she was making progress. Small progress but nevertheless. And perhaps this was what was encouraging her to put more of an effort into getting ready to go for the date. But she needed to stop calling it a date when it was not. Otherwise her feelings were going to get much more hurt than she thought they would. 

Either way she anxiously watched the clock waiting for 8pm to roll around. Considering she had started to get ready way before she needed to be, Iris should not have been surprised to find herself waiting for the minutes to pass. Yet she continued to sit in her room watching as the minutes slowly slipped away. She always found that the time slipped by slower when you were waiting on something important to happen.