The Burrow

Time would always go much faster than Iris wanted it to

Time would always go much faster than Iris wanted it to. As before she knew it, it was December 24th and she was pondering just what she was going to wear for the gathering at the Weasley household. She had that morning woken up with enough time to wrap the present she had finally found for George, miraculously the day beforehand it was a close call but nevertheless. Rather she stood there in her dressing gown staring at her wardrobe for outfits. Iris had no clue how long she had been stood there, staring and wondering just what would be good enough to meet her other half's family in. It would have appeared that she did not need to be told the time, rather someone let themselves into her room and that was when Iris knew she had been stood there a very long time and was making not only no progress but also herself late for the event, what a wonderful first impression she would make.

"Rizzo."

"Through here." Iris replied indicating to the small sectioned off area in the 'room' which was dedicated to being her bedroom. In reality the room she rented was a studio flat just without the kitchen. A place separated into a living room and a bedroom and for what she was paying rent an absolute steal. 

"You're not dressed." George commented and Iris groaned at his blatant pointing out of the very much obvious state she was in. At least her makeup was done she supposed but still.

"I know. What do I even wear to something like this? I really want your family to like me." Iris' frustration was clear in her voice as she turned from her wardrobe to look at George. And all she got was a laugh in response. 

"They're going to really like you Iris, its practically impossible not to. Just wear something comfortable there's no need to dress up around my family." George tried to gently enourage Iris nodding in the direction of the jeans she had hung up.

"Are you sure? First impressions."

"Iris I promise being comfortable will be more important. Today is basically our big celebration I'm sure we'll be out in the garden having snowball fights and everything you can't be uncomfortable for that."

"Okay, I'll only be a couple minutes. Sorry about making us late."

"We'll still be one of the first ones there even if we're half an hour late. Bill and Fleur will be last I just know it." George soon enough turned on his heel and went back out into the living room area. Iris listened to him picking up her favourite pair of dark blue jeans and reaching for the oversized white Nike top and the lighter blue jumper she usually wore together. And all she had to find by the door would be her white chuck taylor's which would make her trendy but also warm. 

"You ready yet?" George called but Iris immediately noted there was something off in the way of which he called out to her.

"Nearly, why do you sound like you've done something?" Iris hollered back as she pulled the jumper over her head.

"I've not done shit."

"You sound guilty George." Iris finalised as now fully dressed she entered the living room section to spot a rather sheepish looking George sat on her sofa with what looked like a wine stained pillow in his hands.