The Art Gallery

As the beginning days of December passed, it was becoming more and more difficult for Iris and George to tick off things on their list

As the beginning days of December passed, it was becoming more and more difficult for Iris and George to tick off things on their list. Many of the places they wished to go, were shut due to the time of the year, the weather was not good enough to permit or due to the season were becoming too expensive to justify. After all the plan for the list was to make memories which they would have most likely made with their twin but just with another person. The other reason for the list was to venture out and do something their twin would not have enjoyed. They had done the latter thing when the pair had gone ice skating. It was now time to do the first one. They were going to make memories with each other they would have made with their twins. 

It was Iris' turn this time around. And the thing that she had placed first on the list was the Saatchi Gallery. If there was one thing the sisters could always agree on was their love for art. No matter the medium or how well known the artist was both of the Brown sisters loved looking for it. It had been something their mother had first introduced them to when they were little, Iris' first memory being in a art gallery was when she must have been 8 or 9, and it had been something that had stuck with her even as she got into her adult years. 

The Saatchi Gallery had been something the twins had originally put down on their to do list for when they graduated from Hogwarts over the summer holiday before they started work. In 1998 the gallery had opened a rather controversial set of work, and the pair had wanted to go and see what all the fuss and arguments were about. Yet that decision was taken away from them when the war occurred just months into the opening of the latest exhibition. And rumour had it that when the millennium came in just weeks time now that they were closing the exhibition. There was no time like the present to go. 

George had been the one to organise this trip out, considering Iris had done the ice skating adventure for him. And he had left Iris guessing about most of the details for the day. Only giving her a time to meet him at his flat, the pair rarely meeting in the Leaky Cauldron due to how loud it always seemed to be. And as she walked into the flat Iris was quite surprised to see George sat there waiting for her, considering he had decided he no longer needed to impress Iris by being early to anything anymore choosing to be fashionably late whenever possible. In his hand were two matching flasks of what Iris did not know at first but she assumed it was either something warm or something alcoholic. 

"Am I late?" Iris questioned the man going to check her watch quickly to ensure she was there when she was meant to be. And Iris was about 2 minutes early so she was definitely on time and very confused. 

"We've got a big day ahead of us. Don't mind catching the bus do you?"

"We're taking the night bus?" Iris quired expecting the purple double decker to turn up at any minute. The thing was rather misleading considering the name suggested it was only running during the night, yet after the war it had been changed to a 24 hour service due to how popular it had become. 

"Hope you don't mind, I'm still not brilliant at working the muggle time tables, and this one just comes when you need it." George replied as the pair came to a stop a few minutes walk outside of Diagon alley.