The Millennium

As a thank you for taking on the extra shift of boxing day, Iris had been given New Years Eve off work

As a thank you for taking on the extra shift of boxing day, Iris had been given New Years Eve off work. The witch she had subbed in for had been told that she would be working the day as she had just not turned up to work on the 26th. Iris did not mind this after all she had been turning down plans for the new year for a little while now considering she was supposed to be working. And this year was a big event considering they would be entering the new Millennium. Iris had been invited on two very similar sounding nights, in two different places and was torn on which event she was going to.

That was until the morning of the 31tst December 1999. When she got a rather frantic visit from Lisa. Lisa had originally offered to host the celebrations at her flat she had recently moved into with Hector. However, that morning she had woken to see the kitchen had flooded. Though they had been able to fix most of the damage with magic the house still needed a little time to naturally dry out as no matter how many drying spells they used the kitchen walls just did not seem to dry. And now she was unable to host. 

Iris' place was way too small to hold a gathering much larger than four people, of which there would be barely more than but without a proper kitchen it seemed rather pointless using her place. And they couldn't ask Padma's parents to host on such short notice. So as the two sat on the sofa in Iris' place contemplating what they could do, it would appear that Lisa suddenly recalled something Iris had told her. 

"Were you not invited to George's place for New Years? Do you reckon he could take four last minute guests?" Lisa's face lit up as if she had solved every problem in an instant. 

"I suppose we could ask, might feel like we're crashing a Gryffindor party again though." Iris was not completely against the idea, she did feel bad asking however as the invitation had only been for her not her two best friends and their partners. 

"I've missed doing that. Let's go ask him now." Lisa was up and heading out of Iris' room before she could be stopped. And all Iris could do was follow behind, stopping shortly to lock her door before following her friend into Diagon Alley and on the way to the shop. 

George had kept Weasleys Wizard Wheezes open for a normal working day, taking advantage of some of the kids who could not control begging their parents to let them spend their Christmas money already. Therefore, when the pair entered the shop, Lisa a good minute or so before Iris, he went straight to greeting the two. Though he often greeted many of his customers personally, the shop had become very busy making it harder to do so than it was when he first opened a few years back. However, he always made sure to personally welcome Iris or any of her friends to the store. 

"Weasley, just the man I was looking for. A birdy told me your having a party tonight. Mind if a couple of us gate crash? My place looks like a whale took a piss all over it." Iris sent George a sheepish look as Lisa spoke, remembering just why Lisa was considering the most outgoing of the group.

"Anything for my Rizzo. It starts at 8 bring your own bottle. Iris can bring you up." George waved the two off as if they had not just asked to bring many more people over to his place than he had probably planned for.