The defilement

The one place Iris had to visit before she returned to London was the place her sister had been laid to rest

The one place Iris had to visit before she returned to London was the place her sister had been laid to rest. After all many things had changed since the last time she had visited, no matter if that was only a few months prior. George had followed her to the outside of the cemetery though she did not expect him to follow her inside. After all, he had his own things with visiting places like this and therefore, did not expect him to come in after her. Though he seemed for a while that he might have tried to follow her inside. Rather Iris noted his apprehension and whilst being proud that he was even willing to approach, knew that it was just not time for him to come in. Even if he was not visiting his own brother. 

"It's alright George you can sit on the bench over the road there. I wont be long." Iris sent him a smile, one she hoped would reassure him that it really was okay. She just wanted to say hi to her sister, give her a little life update and then they could be on their way back to London. 

"I can... I can try to go in with you." George attempted to say but it was obvious to anyone who was around him that this would be a push. 

"It's okay really. You're not ready yet and that's fine." Though George did not seem fully convinced at her words, he seemed less likely to argue against it this time around. She watched as he seemed to slowly come to terms with the idea of waiting outside on the bench, but she was not sure just how long he would stay out there. "And if it's too much on the bench there's a little café just around the corner. I'll come and find you." 

With one last look at George, who did finally seem to come to an agreeance and sit on said bench, Iris walked her way into the cemetery and in the direction of her sisters plot. The path was not an overly familiar one, considering how difficult it was to visit, but it was one Iris seemed to have memorised entirely by now. And nothing on the path seemed out of place, nor like it had overly changed in the last few months and Iris pondered upon this for a little while. Considering the nature of the place she would have thought that perhaps it would have changed just the slightest as more mourning families laid their loved ones. Yet nothing in the particular section she was aiming to visit had changed. 

And that was when the magic could be felt. Considering it was just in the centre of Nottingham, Iris had never considered that the part of the cemetery her sister was in was actually only for magi folk. But the magic was rich in the air, and it was clear that most normal visitors to the site probably didn't even know about this section. Which only made things worse when Iris finally came to her sister's plot. 

For written across the headstone in a sickly green colour was the word 'slapper'.

"Oh no,no Lav. What have they done to you?" Iris at first was upset by what she came across. But the closer she got and the more rubbish she found littered around the headstone the more angry she became. Somebody, some low life had the audacity to defile her sister's place of rest. And she wanted revenge.