06 Let's make a plan

"But grandma. If being the healers are in our bloodline then does that mean me and Emily can also be a healer?" I looked at my grandma with hopeful eyes.

Wouldn't it solve everything? I could become a doctor easily.

No, but I still need to give exams.

I can't just go around in the hospital and say I am a healer so move aside you peasants.

People will think I am crazy or something.

Do people believe in healers? I don't think so.

"There might be a chance but very low. Because there are specific bloodlines all over the world who are healers but not everyone from the family will get it. It's unique to have one. Like your mother. She is from my bloodline. but does she have any ability? No right? Because she never practiced it. That's why healers are very less nowadays and most of the people believe that they are fake or don't exist. but that is not true."

So in real life, you need to work for your power, not like the protagonists from any fantasy novel who learned about it today and became the super-powerful person in the world next day.

I understand why there are very few healers in the world left. People are so lazy to practice it. And I am aahamed to admit it but I am also one of them.

"But what if someone studied about being a healer. but they are not from the healers bloodline then does that mean that they will also get power or will they waste their time?" I asked grandma about that thing I was confused about.

I mean wouldn't that person would be wasting their time thinking that they are healers.

Like that self-proclaimed depressed people on the tik tok.

Oh, wait that was dark.

"They would get knowledge about how healing works but they wouldn't have any abilities as a healers. So i think learning about that, would be very useless for them." Grandma chuckled while thinking about something.

But how do you know if you have that ability?

Do you need to give a test or something?

"Grandma, when did you find out that you were the healer?" I asked her

"I found it on my 18 birthday when I was roaming around the forest. At that time i saw a deer injured in the forest. He was moaning from pain and I just couldn't watch the deer suffer anymore. That's why i decided to help him." She explained. "But when I touched the deer's legs to treat it's wound, it got healed instantly. I was so confused about what happened. That's why I went towards my father and asked him about it.
He then explained to me that being a healer runs in our family." She smiled. "He was so happy that I got that abilities and motivated me to keep learning about them. With my father's support, I started learning about spiritual healing and started helping people of the village with my knowledge."

"Hearing your story I just remembered something from earlier. While we were trying to find you in the forest. I saw a dead raven bird. but when Anastasia touched it. The bird started flying. So is there any chance that Anna might be a healer?" Emily looked at me with excitement.

Looks like Emily is more excited than me.

Even though I know that the thing that happened with the raven bird was weird but that doesn't make me a healer.

Not like I am against it but the chances are very low and I don't want to crush Emily's hope.

"Raven bird in this village? it's weird. And about Anastasia touching the bird and it started flying. Your story doesn't make any sense unless the bird was injured and she healed it."

"THE BIRD WAS NOT INJURED. IT WAS DEAD." Emily yelled to prove her point.

Why does she always get so offended if someone doesn't agree with her opinion?

I wrapped my hand over her mouth to shut her up. "I am sorry grandma on behalf of this brat. She talks nonsense every time. but I think we should start eating our dinner now. I am so hungry so let's continue our talk about it tomorrow" I said while looking at the dinner.

"See, I understand you guys are curious about it and I would love if one of you becomes a healer but chances are very low so don't be disappointed." Grandma said while specifically looking at me.

What is she trying to say?

That I am not capable enough to be a healer or something else is in her mind?.

But I don't care even if I didn't became one. My world won't end because of it.

Grandma sighed. "Our food got cold while we were talking. I'll go and microwave the food in a minute." By saying that she went inside the kitchen.

I pinched Emily's arm tightly that made her flinch. "Ouch! Anastasia, Why are you doing that?" She asked me while whining.

Now I didn't even pitched her that hard. She is doing overeacting. it's very obvious.

"What do you mean why? Do you know how rudely you talk with grandma just now and didn't even said sorry. You should have some courtesy?" I explained to her even though I know she is not going to listen to me.

"I was not rude to grandma. I was just trying to tell her that you might be a healer but she is not listening. God knows why? Think about it, if you become a healer then with that ability. we could be so rich. Half of our problems would be solved."

"And what if I am not a healer?"

I didn't want to crush her hope but like grandma said, there are only few people who get this abilities. So she should stop dreaming about it.

"Then there is a chance that I might be a healer. And I'll collect the money for both of us." She winked at me.

"Idiot!" I thought and stroked her head gently.

Emily smiled and looked at her phone after that she remembered something.

"Ohh yeah! Are you planning to investigate the forbidden forest tonight or tomorrow morning?" She asked me with a serious expression.

I never told her anything about it. How did she find out that?.

"How did you know that?" I looked at her with a confused face.

"Because I am psychic. I can read your mind"

I looked at her with a dumbfounded expression

Is she serious?

Emily then started giggling. "jk just kidding. I just found out about it when you were looking at the gate curiously. I know you from the day I was born so I know that you have a hobby for doing things that you are not supposed to do. So that's why I am asking you. When are we going?"

"What do you mean we? Only I am going and you stay here and distract grandma. If she didn't find both of us in here. then she is going to take the whole house in her head."

And also taking her with me would be dangerous. So It would be better if I only check out the place and come back sooner.

"But I can't just let you go alone" Emily sighed. "Fine, I have a plan. You can go there alone but I am also going to be there with you"

"And how are you going to do that?" I asked her with confusion.

Emily is so smart for her age. She took me out of the trouble several times in my rebellious period.

Sometimes I get confused that which one of us is older? But I can't trust her in this thing. Otherwise, she would also be in trouble and I don't want that to happen.

"Come on, Anastasia please trust me. How about i come to your room after dinner and then I will explain my plan to you?"

I just nodded. it doesn't hurt to just hear her plan right?

If I found something wrong in her plan. Then I will no doubt going to say no to that. But till that time let just do as she says.