57 Want me to stay?

Anastasia looked at her while being confused. "Excuse me? What do you mean?" Before she could ask her about it. Poppy came back with the candles and stared at both of them. She knew something was wrong. That's why she glared at Venessa.

"Now what did she do!?" Poppy stares at Venessa with disdain. "Anna, don't listen to anything she says. She always talk nonsense."

Venessa looks down so she could not make eye contact with Poppy. It was like, she was really scared about something.

Anastasia looked at Venessa and said. "No, please don't yell at her. She didn't told me anything."

She always knew that Poppy hated Venessa for some reason. But she never understood why? After all, they were cousins. What might have been happened between them? Whenever Anastasia used to ask Poppy about Venessa. She used to always avoid talking about her. That's why Anastasia also didn't asked her about it.

Poppy handed Anastasia the candles. "You know what Anna? I think I need to talk with Venessa alone. So please excuse us for a while." She looked at Venessa and held her arms tightly. "Come sister, let's have a chat." Saying that, she dragged Venessa away.

Anastasia could only watch the scene unfolding. She wanted to do something about it. But what can she do?

While she was thinking about it, she heard a voice from behind her. "Your friends are little off. Don't you think?"

Anastasia turned around and saw Ezen there. She was stunned for a second. "Why do you always come out like a ghost? What if I had an heart attack?"

Ezen: "It is better to die by heart attack then to die by getting stabbed?"

Anastasia got shocked. She was gonna get stabbed? "What? Who is going to do that?"

The answer was obvious. "Larissa and Julian. Who else do you think it is?" Said Ezen.

Larissa and Julian? God knows who this people were? And why they were after her? "Uggh, I don't understand why they are doing this? I don't even know them. Then why do they want to kill me?"

Ezen: "That's what I want to find out? Equinox is trying to find some way to trap them. Till that time she comes. Stay here alone and stay safe."

"That means, you are not going to attend the festival?" Anastasia said softly. She was little disappointed because of that. "What if something happened to me when I am alone? My powers are also not in working condition."

Ezen also wanted to stay with her. But it was very risky. Cobalt river is a divine place that's why no demon can stay here in a facade for too long.

People could find about his real identity in an instant. That's why he didn't thought it was a good idea. But- leaving Anastasia here alone is also not right. That's why he decided to take the risk.

"Do you want me to stay here?" Ezen asked while look into her eyes.

Anastasia also looked into his eyes but soon broke the eye contact because she got anxious.

To be honest, she wanted him to stay there. But she was little prideful to say it to him. "I mean, if you are busy- then I am not going to force you to..."

"It's okay. I know what you want." Ezen understand. "I'll stay here until Equinox comes."

"Well.." Anastasia smiled. "Thanks. I guess.."

***

Inside where the festival was being held. Everyone who attended looked happy. All of their faces grinned with excitement.

Some were eating there. while others were simply enjoying the games.

Cassandra and Victor who were here to find looked most uninterested.

Cassandra looked at the people who were enjoying and felt little envious of them.

Once, there was a time when even they used to celebrate this festival in the Stafford village.

But now... Everything has changed.

"You search her on the right side and I'll go left."  Victor said while pointing towards the direction.

Cassandra nodded and went that way. She ignored her thoughts and focused on her mission.

Right now, finding Anastasia was the most important job. That's why she was determined to do it.

While Victor was searching on the left side. He came across an deserted side of the river and saw an owl howling while sitting on a tree.

The owl was alone. But it was certainly not lonely. He kept howling like he was singing some kind of song. A very enchanting song.

Looking at the lone owl, it reminded him of Equinox. She was also just like him. A lone warrior who was still happy, even after being around the darkness.

It's the one quality he can't get even though he was an angel.

Maybe it was the reason he fell for her.

Victor looked at the owl and remembered the thing Equinox told him decades ago.

She used to say that, if he spoke to any kind of owls then it will reach her.  Even if she is on any kind of realm. She would always listen to him.

So why not test it? Victor thought. He never did it before. But today is the good occasion. Why not try it?

"Are you hearing Equinox?" Victor screamed.

The owl who was sitting on the tree, was stunned. But he stayed there and stared at Victor like he was listening.

Victor also kept talking. "You promised you would not leave! But you still did. You left without a goodbye. You broke our promise Equinox. Did you felt guilty about it?" The answers he was dying to know. He never got it. "Forgot about everything, just say that did you ever loved me? Even once?"

When he said that a blue lightning striked from the sky. The owl got scared by it and fled away from the place.

Victor sighed and looked away. He really went out of control. If his emotions would have gotten imbalanced then there would have been huge storm. It would have ruined all the festival.

He didn't wanted it to happen. That's why he decided to forget everything.

After all, what did he expected? Equinox is going to listen to him? It was mission impossible. She didn't came when he was trying to find her, then why will she come now?

He decided to shrug his thoughts. Right now, the important task is to find Anastasia and protect her from danger. Except that, nothing should be in his head now.

When Victor left the deserted place of the river. He didn't noticed someone was listening to him all along.

"Isn't it ironic?" Equinox wiped her tears and smiled like nothing happened. "Ezen said you tried to kill me. And you are saying I left without saying goodbye. I don't know who to trust anymore?"

The question he asked. To be honest, even she don't know the answers. It doesn't matter if she loved him or not because she knows that they are never meant to be.

After all, Darkness and Light never unites.

It doesn't matter how true your love might be, but remember that it will always fail if your destiny is not with you.