𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏.

"Wake up bitch!" Came the voice of one of my best friends, Astrid Banks

Daughter of the New York Governor

"Astrid, we agreed that we would come at a softer approach when waking someone up in the morning." Portia scolded her quietly as she went to open my blinds as she normally does.

That is Portia Santiago— her mom was one of the first supermodels and her father came from fashion house royalty. Instead of partaking in the family legacy, he decided to follow his dream and became a photographer.

One day while on the set of a shoot, Portia's mom walked in and it was love at first sight.

And that is how he met her mother, children.

I could only imagine her beauty in my mind but I knew it was there. The whispers and the catcalls were enough to let me know how gorgeous my two best friends were.

"C'est trop tôt les filles," I grumble as I pull the sheets off of me.

(It's too early girls.)

"Sorry." They meekly apologized as I sat up and stretched.

I could hear their footsteps rush over to me as I stood up.

"You guys." I huff as they halt at my side." I can walk the thirty-five footsteps from my bed to my closet without bumping into anything."

I did have a walking stick but I barely used it anymore. Portia, Astrid, and I had all of our classes together so they escorted me around the school. At home, I relied on the number of footsteps to get to where I needed to go.

I was still getting used to finding my way around since moving. The house was pretty big and spacious, sometimes a staff member would help me around. I mostly kept to certain areas of the house though.

There was also my service dog— Bella.

She was still getting used to the new house as well but she was a great help.

They followed behind me as I entered my closet. Every morning they would wake up and come to my place. We all lived pretty close to each other so it wasn't much out of their time.

They helped me pick out my outfits every morning before school. Back home in France, my cousin would help me in that department before I got sent to the school for the blind.

"What are you feeling today?" Portia asked as the sound of hangers moved against the racks in my closet.

"I liked the feel of that halter top we brought last weekend. What color was that again?" I questioned as I sat in my chair.

"The one that made her tits look extra good."

"It was white." Astrid comments from my vanity. "We can pair it with some fun colored pants."