𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟓𝟎.

Noelle

Noelle

Family game night had been a blast.

Hanging around Marc's family had eased the nerves that had been building up throughout the day. His family was so warm and welcoming, that I'd spent more time laughing and stuffing my face with all-you-can-eat pasta than worrying about my father.

Who had blown up my phone demanding my where-a-bouts when he realized that I wasn't home to welcome him.

I simply messaged him that I was safe and out with friends before turning my phone off. If I ignored him, he probably would've had a swat team ramming down the gates of the secluded De'luca manor. If that was even possible with the amount of security that they kept on the grounds.

" I don't want to go inside," I mumbled, playing with Marc's fingers.

We'd been sitting outside of my house in the car for about an hour now. Marc didn't mind. He was almost just as reluctant about dropping me off as I was.

" You know that you are always welcome to stay at mine," he says for the millionth time today.

I shook my head. " No. It's Thanksgiving. You're supposed to be spending it with your family. I don't want to intrude on that. Plus, my dad would more than likely put me on house arrest for skipping out on our first American holiday."

Marc kisses my knuckles. " Thanksgiving isn't just about spending it with family. You spend it with the people that love and care for you."

Love?!?! Did he just unofficially say that he loves me?

Calm down, Noelle. That could just be a general statement. Yes! A general statement.

It's what everybody was during the holiday season.

" And besides, your dad wouldn't be able to keep you away from me for long." My stomach tingles at the feeling of his lips brushing against my skin.

They were so soft and kissable. I would rather sit in this car and receive a billion kisses from those lips than go inside my home and receive a scolding from my father.

" I think I'd better go inside now," I sighed, pulling my hands away from his.

Marc inhaled sharply as he grasped my face, pulling me closer to his face. " All you have to do is call and I'll be on my way, pretty girl. Don't even hesitate if you need to get away. I'll be here."

" I know," I answered.

Marc closed the small gap between the two of us, softly brushing the tip of his nose against mine. " Good," he whispers before gently pressing his lips against mine.

Both of my hands now cupped his face as the kiss intensified by the second. His hands pulled at my waist, almost dragging me over the console department and into his lap.