𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟗.

" What's wrong?" Karter nudged me in the side as we headed towards the gym

" What's wrong?" Karter nudged me in the side as we headed towards the gym. There was a storm coming so practice would be held in the gym today. It had been raining on and off all day leaving the track and field wet anyway.

" And don't lie and say nothing because you've been off since we left fourth period."

The class was awkward to say the least.

Stefano didn't even try to talk to me. He usually would make a smart remark, throw a 'sweetheart' my way because he knew that it annoyed me even though it was slowly growing on me. He didn't even bat an eyelash my way.

I know that he was well aware of my breakup with Harrison by now. Everyone knew about it.

It seemed as if he was tired of doing the chasing and wanted to be chased instead. And I didn't blame him, I was a lot to deal with these past few weeks.

But it did hurt that he was ignoring my existence as a whole right now.

" He hasn't even tried to talk to me." I huff in annoyance, more so at me than towards him. " I know that the last time we talked I said some shit that wasn't fair towards him, but I didn't mean them. I was just scared."

Karter sighs as we drop our duffels and backpacks on the stands. The girls weren't in yet so Karter and I were able to have a quick talk without being overheard or delaying practice.

" I love you, M, but maybe this time you should talk to him. He can't be the one putting all of the effort into something that you both clearly want." I roll my eyes as I drop to the ground, annoyed that she is right.

She is always fucking right.

" He's already putting in more work than Harrison did in the span of y'all's three years of bullshit. Stefano is a nice guy. You deserve a nice guy for once, M." She squeezes my shoulder, smiling softly as I go into the butterfly stretch, pushing my knees to the floor.

Groaning, I touch my forehead to my feet as she laughs, knowing that she was right as usual.''I hate you so much sometimes." My voice comes out muffled due to the sound bouncing off of the mat on the hardwood floors.

" I think you mean that you love me so much all of the time." The smile on her face was evident in her voice as I whipped my head up, pouting my lips as she sat in front of me.

We stretched our legs out into a middle split. Karter grabbed my hand and I pulled her towards the center, allowing her to rest her upper body on the mat as she stretched.

" I guess." I sigh, feigning annoyance as she grins in triumph.

" I say go talk to him after practice." She lifts up, pulling me towards her. " Tell him how you feel, how you truly feel and take it from there. The worst that could happen is him slamming the door in your face and not hearing you out.''

My eyes widened, the thought not even popping into my head until she said something. Karter clears her throat, noting the look of fear and alarm on my face.'' N-not that he would do that to you of course.'' She stutters, shaking her head frantically.'' Dude is whipped like heavy cream. There's no way he's turning you away.''