𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟒.

" You want the long version?" I question Maverick

" You want the long version?" I question Maverick. " Or the short version?"

Maverick sat up, forearms placed in his knees as he got ready for the story. " Long version please."

Of course he did— nosey muthafucker.

" Alright. Get comfortable."

Flashback: The beginning of school year party

''Nice party De' Luca.'' I heard as I walked through the crowd of teenagers that filled up the main living room.

''Thanks, just don't get too drunk and throw up in my mom's roses again.'' I point towards one of the basketball players on the school team.

Senior year was only a few days away and I wanted to start it off right.

With the first party of the semester.

Usually with the first party comes the most drama, which makes it one of the most memorable. Not that I enjoy drama but I do enjoy throwing a good party with lots of fine girls, booze, and did I mention girls.

Everywhere I looked it seemed that people were having the times of their lives so far. People were dancing, getting drunk and high, not a care in the world that we would be entering hell for the next five months once again.

I pushed my way through the sea of sweaty bodies in the living room as I tried to make my way into the kitchen for a drink.

Out of the corner of my eyes I caught sight of Violeta and Marcella dancing to the loud music that flowed throughout the house.

''Don't get too fucked up,'' I warned the both of them as I passed them by.

''We won't.'' They chimed in unison as I gave them a look, feeling very unconvinced as they pushed me away from their space.

''I mean it.'' I said sternly,'' I don't want to get chewed out because you two got alcohol poisoning you hear me. If you feel like you're going to pass out, come find me or one of the guys.''

The girls were only sixteen but like any other teenager, they participated in underage drinking and the occasional blunt. They were usually very responsible with the amount they drank but who knows how many that they had so far tonight.

I left them to dance their hearts out on the dance floor while I searched for Marc Anthonie who seemed to be M.I.A as of right now.

Upon entering the kitchen I collided with a body of a very drunk girl causing her drink to spill all over me.

''Oh, shit,'' she gasped as she let out a loud burp when she covered her mouth.

Jesus, how much had she had to drink? The party had only started about an hour and some minutes ago.