𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟒𝟖.

Violeta

Violeta

My body jolted at the sound of my alarm.

Throwing the covers off of me, I quickly stopped the sound of the horrid alarm and ran out of bed. It was the last day of school before Thanksgiving break started.

I was beyond excited.

All week to eat, have sex, and eat some more...

Oh, and how could I forget spending quality time with my family on the manor...

All. Week. Long.

It was my mom's side of the family turn to host thanksgiving, and with my grandparents house undergoing renovations, Thanksgiving dinner would be held at the manor this year.

I quickly stumbled into the bathroom and started my morning off with a hot shower and Christmas music blasting throughout my bathroom.I was on cloud nine today and nothing was going to ruin that.

This break was much needed due to the drama that seemed to never end surrounding my family these days. And to start my break off right, I had planned a surprise date for me and Maverick.

Planning it was the easy part. Getting him to skip his precious chemistry class would be the hard part.

Imagine, me, Violeta Sol Romano- De'Luca, having to compete with fucking elements for my boyfriend's attetnion.

I guess I shouldn't complain though. I could be competing with other girls for his attention. Luckily for us all, Maverick was far too smart and valued his life and balls enough not to go that route with me.

After getting out of the shower, I got dressed in one of Maverick's sweat suits that I'd stolen from his closet last week. I styled my hair into a slicked low pony, ran chapstick over my lips, and grabbed my keys and backpack before heading out of the door.

" Goodmorning family!'' I greeted with a chipper tone as I entered the kitchen, sitting my back pack on one of the bar stools in front of the island.

'' Goodmorning Sol,'' my father stood up with his coffee in one hand and the other extended outwards to bring me in for a hug. I smiled as I wrapped my arms around my father's torso. He kissed the crown of my forehead as I squeezed his side and basked in his warmth.

" How did you sleep?" My mother asked as I joined her and my siblings at the kitchen table.

" Like a baby,'' I said, popping a blueberry into my mouth as Francesca, the chef, walked out with what I had requested for my date.

" As requested," she said, placing the picnic basket filled with Mavericks favorites on the table.

I gave her a grateful smile and thanked her as I opened the basket, finding everything to my liking. The only thing that was missing was the hot chocolate which I would have to get on my way to school.