𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟓𝟏.

" Good Morning!" Violeta and I burst through Marc's double doors

" Good Morning!" Violeta and I burst through Marc's double doors. " We've come to steal Elle baby for a much needed girls day and shopping spree. You will not keep her in your clutches while she's in her rebellious stint."

" We gave you two whole days of alone time." Violeta added.

Marc ran out of Thanksgiving dinner in such a rush without so much as a word. The next morning he called and gave us the rundown of Noelle's sad excuse of a father's behavior. Out of respect for Marc's wishes, we held back in rushing to comfort Noelle.

Now that time is up.

Marc grumbled as we entered the room. " No. Go away."

Part of me wanted to rip those sheets off of the bed and rescue Noelle from his clutches. The other part of me didn't know whether the sheets were clean or not and decided to refrain.

" Marc," Noelle giggles, her arm appearing from underneath the covers as he tries to hide her body. " You are cutting off my air supply, you big baby."

"Votre gros bébé." I heard the smooching sounds being made along with Noelle's soft giggles.

— Your big baby.

Thank God I didn't eat breakfast today. It was a struggle not to spill my guts out on Rhea's hardwood floors watching them. The couple was so adorable that they were adorable to the point that it was sickening to the single eye...

That being me.

" Marc. It's only going to be a few hours. We have to go shopping for my birthday. You two are practically living together now. Stop hogging her." The urge to stomp my foot was strong. However, that was Violeta's role.

She could be a bit of a brat sometimes.

Marc shifts onto his back, releasing Nolle from his iron grip. " Fine," he sighs.

" I was going to go anyway," Noelle poked him in the chest.

I smiled proudly as she threw the covers off of her and swung her legs around the bed. Marc was up as well, preparing to help guide her to the bathroom. " I got it," she held onto his hand as she stood up.

" I know you do."

" Let's go find her an outfit before Marc decides that sweats and an oversized shirt from his side of the closet is suitable." Violeta grabbed my hand and led us to his closet.

Noelle had managed to get a decent amount of clothing packed before she left home. By the end of this shopping trip Marc would have to relocate a few of his items to make room for her new wardrobe. And daddy dearest would have a hell of a bank statement sent to him for proof.

" This is so cute." I pulled out a two- toned green leather coat with faux fur lining. Violeta nodded in agreement and pulled out a khaki green skirt and a cropped cashmere turtleneck. I scanned her shoe section and pulled out a pair of boots.