𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟑.

I walked into my last period before lunch texting away on my phone

I walked into my last period before lunch texting away on my phone. Marc Anthonie's birthday was approaching fast and I needed to make sure that my affairs were in order for his big 18th.

In the process of not watching where I was going, I bumped into a warm body. The subtle scent of sea salt and sage, a scent I knew all too well, tickled my nostrils.

Looking down I saw Monet brushing off the back of her game-day uniform.

''Can you watch where you're going?" She scoffs as she pushes past me and heads towards her seat near the middle of the room.

I smirk at the back of her retreating head,''Sorry sweetheart.''

Monet glares at me for the use of the name as I walk past her desk, tapping the top of it as I head to my seat.

The teacher walks in just as the bell rings with a stack of papers.''Hello class, today we will be partnering up with each other to start the first project of the semester.''

A chorus of groans went around the room as he passed out a stack of papers to each row.

''Yeah, yeah,'' he drawls as if he was the one in misery at the moment.''Suck it up and pass the papers back while I call out the partners will ya.''

I grab the stack of papers from the person in front of me before passing it back.

''To make it easier on myself,'' Mr. Hayes grabs the clipboard off of his desk before leaning casually against it.'' I've decided to do this in alphabetical order. If you don't like someone you're partnered with then deal with it. Your grades are more important than petty bullshit.''

There's a mixture of laughter and shouts of disagreement as he slid a hand in his pocket and ignored them.

'' Daria and Troy.''

''Karter and Derrick."

''Monet and Stefano.'' I can't help the satisfied grin that forms.

Monet turned towards Karter, a pleading look on her face as her best friend shook her head in response, a smile on her face as she made 'go' motions to her best friend.

Monet mouthed something to Karter who only got up with her bag and walked towards the empty seat next to Derrick with a grin on her face. After a few seconds, Monet gathered her things up and made her way over to the now unoccupied seat next to me.

"Great," Monet mumbled as she plopped into the seat. Her skimpy little cheer skirt rose to reveal the skin of her smooth thighs.