𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟓.

I woke up with a sharp pain in my neck

I let out a sharp hiss as I sat up slowly, my hand holding the side of my neck where the pain resided.

As my vision cleared up, I noticed that I was in a big room with one huge glass window. Squinting my eyes I noticed the outlines of multiple bodies.

"Dad, did you drug me?" I yelled at the glass window.

"Sorry sweetheart." I heard his apologetic tone over the loudspeaker in the room." I'll make it up to you, I swear."

"Oh you better old man," I mumbled under my breath as I looked around, noticing that I was alone.

"Where is everyone?" I questioned looking back at the glass.

"You guys will be tested separately based on the ability that you are skilled in. The last and final test, we'll bring everyone together to test your skills as a team."

I nodded my head in agreement. It did make sense to test us on our separate strengths and then as a unit.

I get up from the ground and dust my cargo pants off. My top had risen a little bit due to me being laid out on the ground for a long period.

Turning around I noticed a table full of all types of knives— my favorite.

I preferred knives over bullets because they were more precise when aiming for a target.

One would think that Marc would favor the knives given his history of stabbing assholes with pencils.

But no, knives were all me.

"Step up to the red mark." My uncle Alessandro instructed.

I took a few steps towards the red mark that was in the middle of the room. The lights dimmed down and flashes of red lights went around the room.

Holograms of targets started to form from the lights and stand at attention in a line.

Looks like someone watched a little too much hunger games over the years.

Biting back my tongue to keep my thoughts at bay, I gave a salute toward the mirror and turned around. Grabbing a small knife, I molded my fingers into the grips of the knife as I prepared to throw it.

A monotone robotic voice replaced my fathers and uncles, starting a countdown.

"3."

"2."

"1."

The holograms started to move around, breaking out their line and charging at me a few at a time.

I quickly grabbed another knife, I waited patiently as two of the holograms aligned with each other before throwing the first knife.

Both holograms burst and collapsed, the lights dimming as they fell to the guard.