9

(FLIP PAGE)

Dan-o and I are going to Jinmichae again. It's the shadow time and we're free to move.

"I wasn't planning to show this to the 2 of you but here." He placed a box on the table in front of us. "Ta-da!~" He sings and opened it.

"Wow." Dan-o and I both said.

It's not just any box, it has a drawing of the Seulli highschool on the background then it have characters too.

"Listen carefully now." He said while looking at our reactions. "We're in a comic book world that the Author created." We both nodded at what he said.

"And this is a secret place of that world. And in here, only the things that the Author intended can happen." He moves the D.I.Y character he made, it looks like a doll or a puppet?

"We only say what the writer wrote and behave as he drew." He says. "This is called..."

"Stage?" I answered while raising my hand like a child. "Bingo!" He cheered.

"Ahhh, then when I pretended to be nice to Juda and when I was intimidated by Gyeong too?" Dan-o said.

"Wow, bingo again!" 

"But there are also spaces and scenes that the Author didn't draw that explains those weird floating objects."

I nodded and turned to Dan-o. "It is called the shadow." 

"Ahh...Shadow..."

"In the shadow, characters are free to move. Just like the 3 of us right now." He explains.

"And only who have their egos can remember what happens in the shadow." I added.

"But just because you have an ego, it doesn't mean you are free all the time." Jinmichae reminded. "Our fate is in the Authors hands."

"Our fate?" We both asked.

"Yes, we can't change anything." He says.

"This is ridiculous...Why would he got hold of our fate?" I scoff.

"I'll show him in whose hands my fate lies." Dan-o said while gripping one of the toy character.

I smiled. "Agreed!"

(FLIP PAGE)

"Kaori, I hope you can hear me..."

"I miss you...Please wake up."

"But still, I don't want for you to give up..."

"Stay strong and I'll be here waiting for you..."

"I promise..."

(GLITCH)

"Please, come back."

(GLITCH)

Then I heard a very loud ringing inside my head. I sat up from my bed and started covering my ears.