1. Party, Tangy Amigos & Despacito

Forging your own personality by carving out your soul in search of a deeper purpose in life was never on my bucket list, but you know what they say? It's all part of the cycle of time, and HIS plans are meant to astonish you. And believe me when I say that my entire eighteen years of existence have been a series of HIS manipulations. Stepping forward in my life was about much more than merely admitting my ennui and enlightening them with pleasure. It was actually to liberate myself from my own sins or my own terrifying anxieties and to finally live the life I desired.

Indeed, living the life I aspire to!

"Soph, help me with this thing called as—dress. My mind's gonna explode."

Can't this girl keep her damn mouth shut for five more minutes?

She had been pestering me for the last half hour to assist her in getting dressed. I'd already told her to hold off for a half-hour until I finished the task. I was halfway through the last question, but she had to blast my poor eardrums by chanting.

"Ivy, don't you get what two minutes means? If you don't, do me a favor and bang your head against the closest wall before I do it! "

Stupid girl!

I could hear my roomie whining and groaning. I finished my assignment by slamming my book shut. "I'm done; show me the so-called outfit." She walked into the closet, and believe me, that was the biggest mistake I ever made.

"Soph! Soph! SOPH! Where are you?" I interrupted her, saying, "Damn girl, what the heck have my eardrums ever done to you? For your kind knowledge, I'm here, under this newly created Mt. Everest." I freed myself from under the pile of clothes, giving her a deadly glare. She smiled at me innocently.

You've got to pay!

"Are you sure you're going to put that on?" I picked out my dress after a half-hour of browsing in Ivy's closet.

"And what's the matter with that?" With a raised brow, I questioned, emphasizing the word "that."

She exhaled heavily and said, "There's nothing wrong. It's just that you'll be out of place. "

I just sighed and rolled my eyes. "Do I seem to be genuinely concerned about it? We're going to a freshmen gathering, not a bar, last I checked. So, take it easy! Let's change; we've got an hour." I picked up my clothes and went to change after saying that. Ivy insisted on me wearing the strapless, cleavage-showing, short dress.

Girl are you serious?! I've got better stuff to put on.

My outfit was neither revealing nor conservative. It was a simple orange jumpsuit with black borders. A simple outfit for a simple me. At both ends, there was a golden cord. I matched it with a pair of black athletic shoes. My light-brown locks were neatly pulled back into a high ponytail. I applied mascara and red lipstick to my face for the occasion.

A pair of wide hazel eyes gazed at me from behind a mirror. Her pale skin overshadowed her tiny, petite body, reminding her that she was anemic.

That's right, it's the same me!

***

I spotted her fumbling with the hook of her red crop top, which was caught in her messy mahogany curly hair, out of the corner of my eye. Did I mention she recently dyed her hair?

I smiled as I approached her, "Wait, it's trapped in this place. Lemme help ya. " She smiled before working on her nails.

Ivy's outfit consisted of a red crop top and a black denim skirt. She wore it with black boots, and her hair was softly falling down her shoulders. Ivy's height and skin tone complemented whatever outfit she wore. She stood at 5'7" tall with a slim figure and caramel-colored skin. Her fingernails were cleaned and manicured to perfection. Her look screamed "bold." Really, she was!