9. Knight on Shinning Bikes & Ivy's Bzillion

"Hold on tight, or else I won't be responsible for what happens next." I heard Senior Chase say as Ivy sat behind him on his motorcycle. Her face was fully flushed; one could easily tell the effect he had on her.

My condition, on the other hand, was not assisting me in either way. Sitting behind Senior Aylwin and not having wild dreams was really, really difficult!

I saw Ivy wrapping her arms around Senior Chase's waist, concealing her smile. I smiled at the duo. I sat with my arms around my waist, ensuring a comfortable space between us. Senior Aylwin hadn't spoken a single word—not that I was expecting, though!

They started their bikes. The engine roared to life as we sped off. The bike was initially moving at a normal pace when he abruptly remarked, "Hold on tight!" As a reflex move, I looped my arms around his torso as the bike picked up speed. My head rested on his shoulder; my front pressed against his back. His hoodie was snug as my fingertips brushed across his muscles and abs. The abrupt contact made his body stiffen and left me flushed. I immediately recoiled, mumbling a quick sorry, and brought my hands to my belly, muttering a string of curses under my breath.

After much deliberation and internal conflict, I finally placed my left hand gently on his left shoulder while raising my right hand to grab my now open hair, which was once in a loose mess. I couldn't tie them, so instead of struggling with my locks, I let them flow freely.

My gaze was drawn to Ivy, who was clinging to Senior Chase's back as if her world were in his hands. Shaking my head, I chuckled. The girl wouldn't leave a single moment to touch him!

I took in the scenery as it passed me by. It was too late; the stores were on their way to closing. In the lanes, there were so few people going. I couldn't imagine what would have happened if they hadn't been on time. I pushed the thought to the back of my mind. Even then, there was one nagging doubt that I couldn't get out of my mind. What on earth were they doing so late in that desolate alley? It wasn't my place to inquire, so I remained silent. Deep down, I was scared, too, of what he would say. What if he knew who I was? Or, even worse, I was befuddled, befuddled beyond belief!

I shifted my gaze to him. He was not wearing a helmet this time. His gaze was fixed on the lane. My fingertips tingled with the need to trace his chiseled jawline. His hawk-like eyes focused on the lane, but seeing the creases of his forehead, I could tell his mind wasn't in one place.

Sitting close to him was entirely out of context. The feeling so strong yet so sublime. A slow twitch of fingers. Being so close to him brought out a side of me I didn't even know existed. A fusion of something so raw I hardly recognized in myself.

His eyes flickered to the rear-view mirror, as if sensing my intense stare, but that time I didn't hesitate to lock my hazel orbs with his dark oceanic ones. If this was not enough, I let my gaze wander. Through his eyes. Down to his perfect, straight nose. Moving further down to his lips. I stopped. Not having the courage to actually do it.

I recoiled. A scintilla of fear savoring its victory in my chest. I was not ready. Not for this, especially. The ambiance felt hot. Too hot all of a sudden. The move, which once seemed sexily bold, now felt like a huge mistake.

He averted his eyes immediately, realizing that our lives were more crucial than the staring contest. So did I.

Any girl in my place would love to sit with him, throw her arms around him, and chat like there's no tomorrow. He was, after all, perfect!

I didn't realize we'd arrived until I jerked, squealing from the impact of the bike's abrupt stop. I found myself in the same compromising position once more. Golly, seriously, twice? What would he be thinking about me? A hormonal, insecure teenage girl clinging to him? Geez, that was so damn humiliating!