3. Racing Track & Racing Heart

"So, today's best biker honor goes to none other than 'Aylwin Eldred,' the invincible, unstoppable, and finest of all." The announcement was made by a voice. Cheers, applause, whistles, and claps reverberated throughout the hall.

Aylwin stepped up to the stage, which was packed with people dressed in business suits. His every breath was captured by the cameras. He removed his helmet, exposing a side of his face to us as he did the handshake with a few of them.

"Young man, you never cease to dazzle us! Always the king! " He was complimented by the same voice. What was with the "king" moniker? They handed him a letter or something like that.

"What's that?" I inquired, Damy.

"That's a cash prize," he said as he turned to face Aylwin.

"How much is it?" Although I had no intention of asking, it just came out of my stupid mouth.

"I'm clueless. They keep it hidden. They don't reveal it." I hummed as the formal sentences rushed forth.

As Aylwin was about to walk with it, a group of boys wearing the same grayish emblem tackled him. Perhaps it was his gang! He removed himself from them with a nod. For the first time, I got a good picture of his face.

He was unmistakably tall and muscular, with pronounced cheekbones and a razor-sharp jawline. What captivated me the most were his eyes! They were dark blue. His jet-black hair with light highlights, as well as his fair yet tanned skin, made me realize the true explanation for the female population's presence there.

Regardless, what caught my attention was the silence in his eyes, which were empty of any feeling. They were... devoid of emotions... My eyes moved from him to everyone else in this vast room. They all displayed various emotions, such as—the fans were thrilled, the racers who didn't make it were furious or sad, and Aylwin's gang members were dancing with joy. But Aylwin?

He showed nothing. Not even a smile. His expression was solemn. It feels as if it wasn't him who risked his life a moment ago just to win the freaking race. It certainly didn't feel like he had won the day's title. Either he was bored with it, or it was just his everyday routine of 'hiding feelings.' Heck, I'd choose the latter in that situation as well!

A nudge on my side was accompanied by a clearing of the throat. Instead of glaring at the idiot, I rolled my eyes at her next words.

"You couldn't resist his allure, either! I knew it! Fuck, who in their right mind would do such a thing? Look at him! He's way too hot! "

"Who is he? Why am I unaware of his existence? " All of my friends gazed at me as though I'd asked, 'Can you tell me how many hairs Einstein has?'

"Shut the fuck up! You haven't heard about him, have you?"

Aargh! Who the heck is this guy?

What was it with him that everybody treated him like he was some kind of goddamn Adonis? "Fuck, he is!" Did I think aloud again?

"Look at this." Ivy showed her phone to me. It was someone's Instagram account. I instantly recognized him when I studied the picture more closely. Heck, it was Aylwin's, after all! I snatched the phone from Ivy's grip and started scrolling through it.

Oh my god, he has loads of followers!

"Aylwin Eldred is our university's one and only all-time hot topic. He is the student council's president. He's not your typical wannabe bad boy, nor is he your typical geek or good student. He's special in a way that no one else is!" One of Mysie's friends, Melanie, explained.