45. Off The Cuff & Botta Bing Botta Boom

How does it feel to let go of the tethered roots you've been etching to burn down for eons? How does it feel to finally breathe in the pure air of perpetual and internal freedom? How does it feel to smile wholeheartedly without a second thought of melancholy or sorrow? 

Bliss. Eternal bliss.

"Morning..." The husky morning voice tickled my ears pleasurably. A very heartwarming sensation coiling its way into my bosom. I faced him, propping my chin on his firm chest. My eyes instantly fastened on his placid demeanor. Eyes closed, as he rested his head against his hand. His chest heaved up and down in an enchanting cadence that matched mine. The dimness of the room blended in seamlessly with the ambiance. 

"Morning." I replied back, nuzzling my chin against his flesh. The thin fabric on our body merely served to intervene in the erotas intimacy of our flesh. His grip around my waist intensified. Ripples of warmth and intense heat shot through me in a jiffy. My desires, slowly but steadily taking an enormous toll on me.

Instead, I let my mind drift the other way, far away from it. 

For now. Just now.  

"We've got a college to go to, remember?" I said, smiling at him. 

The weekends were over. University, assignments, and the same old life awaited. Apart from that, my mind was preoccupied with zillions of other things. One being—Senior Aria.

"Senior Aria... do you think, well, like, she knows about all this?" I spoke my thoughts. He stirred a little, his hands ever so delicately clutching mine. Fingers lacing together with such fervor and delicacy that oozed rawness and affection.

He gazed into my eyes. And oh, good gracious, the fondness they held had me going insane with yearning. "I don't think so. But I'll make sure she never speaks to you the way she did. "

Dang, is it just me or does this really sound hot?

"I've yet to meet everyone. I guess the avoiding everyone phase is over. " It was true. It had been two days since the incident. Since I opened up. Since we both shared bits and pieces of each other. Since that not-so-okay-ish night. 

Regardless, it took us quite some time to deal with it. Both of us helping each other. 

I couldn't believe I'd finally opened up to him. Years of mental anguish had finally worn off. I felt light and free. A phenomenal sensation, if you ask me.   

However, I knew there was way more to know about him. Aylwin Eldred was still a riddle to me. There were still strewn around fragments of him that I had yet to gather. His tales might be more merciless than mine, and this very longing to know the extent of his wounds and bruises had me on the verge of losing it.

The building of curiosity in me was taller than the Burj Khalifa per se. I was waiting. Waiting for the moment. For better opportunities. But overall, the iridescent magic of time.

When the time comes, I'd be more than willing to peel off all of his layers. See where the orphic routes would take me. What else had him chain himself down beneath his exterior.

Nonetheless, for now, I needed assurance.

###

"Hey, E!" I was back in my dorm, and the very first thing I did was call Ethel. Of course, I had to inform him that I had finally confessed everything. I was brave enough to do so, and now all that remained was absolute peace and serenity.

"You sound happy." He murmured wearily. 

"Wow, you really sound disappointed." I replied sarcastically, rolling my eyes even though he couldn't see it.