35. Beacon Of Hope & Elegy Of Soul

Aylwin, along with Kyla, Chase, Winter, and Ken, were working on their event work. When suddenly, the door of the office slammed open and in walked Aria Romano in all her glory. She stood in front of the group with a cheeky grin on her face. All the eyes were trained on her, except for Aylwin, who was buried in his work. Fingers furiously typing the keys.

"Guys, I've got news for you all." Aria began, gaining everyone's curious glances except his.

"The Deans have organized an after-event-party for all the student council members and the performers. Sounds amazing, right? " She grinned, watching the smiling faces of others.

"That's great! We do need a break from all this. " Kyla responded, sighing.

Aria's eyes were fixated on Aylwin, who didn't seem to even acknowledge her words. Knowing she had to do it herself, she spoke up, "Umm... Aylwin?"

Aylwin's gaze lifted from the screen, meeting Aria's lively eyes. He hummed back, before directing his attention back to his work.

"Will you be my date for the party night?" It felt like time had frozen. All four pairs of eyes were stuck on one figure, who seemed to be frozen on a spot. His fingers, not moving anymore. His body tensed and stiffened.

Pin drop silence. Utter silence blanketed the entire room. Aria pressed the wrong button. Everyone awaited his response with bated breath.

Aylwin controlled himself, keeping his composer at bay, and he answered, "No. I'm not comin'."

For Aria, that "no" didn't only mean a blow to her heart, but also to Aria's Jupiter-sized ego and pride. She had finally had her chance, and under no circumstances was she going to just let it go.

Thus, she stated back, "C'mon, Aylwin. Don't be such a party popper. It's just a date, after all. I'm not asking you to be my boyfriend or go spend the night with me. What-so-ever!"

'Is she serious?' Aylwin thought, slightly irked by her childish shit.

"I've got to check on Fresher." He gave a curt reply with all the calmness he could congregate.

"Argh, Aylwin! She hasn't awoken yet and may be she'll take some time more. Who knows? For how long are you gonna grieve for her? What if she doesn't wake up? What if she dies...? " Aylwin cut her off, in a deadly tone, "Aria Romano, I'd suggest you watch your words." She flinched at his rough tone, which was laden with underlying warning.

He clenched and unclenched his fist several times in an attempt to calm down because he was really not ready to lose his shit, especially in front of them.

Aria Romano had really crossed her limits. She stepped into the boundaries where his sanity reigned. She shouldn't have sputtered those words.

"Aria, are you serious right now? Do you fucking realize what the heck you're uttering? " Chase snapped, with fury lacing his tone.

Aylwin was glad Chase interrupted, otherwise he, himself, didn't know what he would end up saying. Not wanting to stay in her presence anymore, he stood up, packed his laptop bag and began making his way towards the door to escape from everything.

"Chase, send me the last schedule when you're done."

"Sure thing, bro!"

Before he could open the door, he turned around and said, "Whatever went down between these four walls, should die here. No one should utter them to Fresher. Am I clear? " He received a couple of nods except from Aria, who seemed frozen on a spot with a fuming face and fisted hands.