39. Heavenly Sins & Sinner Souls

I slightly opened the door while resting my gaze on the ground. A huge shadow adorning the floor froze me. He was awake. My gaze lifted, soaking in the state of the space. Darkness ensnared it. The outside light and skylight cast their natural glow, illuminating the room in a flawless manner. He stood near the window and peered up at the night sky with his hands stuffed in his pockets. He had an austere, poised visage. His frame remained somber, dripping in sumptuous glitz and lush allure.

I tell you folks, he has this stupid kind of feverish with sky.

"You can come in, ya' know." He spoke in his enchanting, velvety voice. I walked inside, halting beside him. A loose nightwear obscured his flesh and bones. His lingering, mellow scent encircled me, inundating me in a chrysalis-like blanket of beguiling bliss.

"What's bothering you, Senior?" I asked, peering through the orbs that encapsulated the glory of the snow. The flame shades of lapis lazuli whirling around in his iris reflected his strength and panache, suaveness and erudition, as well as truth and his honesty.

"You can share it with me, ya' know." My fingers, on their way to winding around his calloused yet delicate ones. They coiled around seamlessly, fitting together like jigsaw pieces. I relished it.

"Just musing. So much has happened in the last few months. All capricious. " I frowned in return to his terse retort. I found myself wondering what the hell was going on in his mind.

I hummed back, "I know. How do you feel about all this? " I inquired whilst focusing exclusively on his side face and securing our mellow gazes. The entrancing blue hues reminded me of wild blueberries. Immaculately round, like teeny tiny glassy balls, with a raspy floral taste and a tinge of sweet and sour swirling serenity in them.

"Not sure, honestly. It's all new to me. " His frame moved, his body shifted, and the eyes that had once peered at the quintessential countenance of cloud-clad Heavens, suddenly gazed passionately into my curious swirls of green, gold, and brown.

"You've stirred feelings in me I never knew existed. Annihilated the counterfeit and shattered the reflection of haze. It's insane. It's so fucking terrific. " His words plunged me into the dungeons of devastating doubts. A threat to my life was one thing, whereas a threat to my sentiments tore me apart.

My hold loosened. A gust of bleakness wrought havoc on me, compelling me to say the words with tremendous trepidation. "Are you afraid? Scared of us?"

I awaited his response with bated breath. I hastily swallowed the bolus of air and stood rooted to the spot as he analyzed my movements. Eventually, he shook his head in denial, and I felt myself breathing back normally. Like a weight off my shoulders. Relief made a home inside my chest and soon trailed the bliss of the moment.

However, it lasted short.

"I thought I lost you." His strong yet vulnerable stance flinched my core with stark shivers.

In a swift move, I cupped his face. Our faces, inches apart. Breaths infused with the fragrance of night flowers. The act ever so benign, yet too intimate. "Hey... I'm here. With you. Absolutely fine."

"I know. You are. " Rich blue nefarious flames cavorted in his solandis orbs.

"You're confused with your emotions." I whispered tenderly over his lips.

"Why can't you let it out? Why can't you show it to me? " My voice grew firmer, stronger as well as more demanding.

"I'm afraid I'll end up hurting you." So innocent reply. Enough to extinguish all my rage. How could such a mere curt reply quell my rage?