Chapter 6 Combat Training

I'm so tired. . .

A half-dead Izuku, curtesy of Recovery Girl's healing Quirk, made his way out of U.A. The first day could have gone much better, and he couldn't quite say he enjoyed the way Aizawa-Sensei taught, but he couldn't really complain. He was lucky enough to even be in the Hero Coarse. . .

Suddenly, a hand gripped shoulder.

?: Midoriya.

Izuku: Ah! Iida!

And there was the uniform bluenette with glasses from the beginning of the entrance exam.

Iida: Is your finger healed?

Izuku: Y-Yeah, thanks to recovery girl.

Iida: I see, that's good to hear.

The greenette gazed to his finger and sighed, the two beginning to walk together.

Izuku: I can't keep having to rely on others. I need to hurry up and learn how to control my power. . .

Iida: Hm. I was really taken in by Mr. Aizawa. I even thought, "This is the best of the best", and such. I didn't think a teacher would encourage us with a lie. . .

Indeed, Eraserhead was unlike the other teachers at U.A.

Izuku: I thought Iida was scary, but he's just earnest. . .

Izuku.

Izuku: AAAHHH?!?!?!?!?!?

He almost jumped right into Iida's arms, the uniform boy immediately raising his guard at his classmates sudden outburst. . . Only to have his eyes land on the deadpan expression of Zeny Rose.

Zeny: All I did was say your name. . .

Izuku: Z-Z-Zeny?! Oh! I'm so sorry for not waiting!

Zeny: It's alright.

Her blue eyes glanced to the speedster behind her friend.

Zeny: (sighs) Only you would befriend the people who were mean to you.

Izuku: N-No! That was just a misunderstanding!

Iida: About that, I would like to deeply apologize for my rudeness.

Zeny: Don't sweat it. I'm not one for grudges. . .

Izuku: Iida, this my friend Zeny Rose. We've known each other since our first year of middle school. Zeny, this is Iida.

Iida: It's a pleasure to meet you, Rose. (bows)

Zeny: Hm. . . Hall Monitor type, got it. (bows) Right back at you, Iida.

Before they could even begin their journey to the station, they were caught up by a brunette with a perpetual blush and round cheeks.

???: Hey! You two, wait up! Are you going to station?! Wait for me!

Zeny: (whispers) Wow, you are doing way better than me at the whole friends thing.

Izuku: Uraraka?!

Ochako Uraraka ran up to them, waving until her arrival, taking a moment to catch her breath.

Iida: You're the infinity girl!

Zeny: Infinity? My class had one of those too. . .

Izuku: Huh?! Really?!

Zeny: Yeah, it was pretty crazy.

Uraraka: I'm Ochako Uraraka! You must be Tenya Iida. And you must be Deku Midoriya, right?

Izuku/Zeny: D-Deku?!