Chapter 15 The Sports Festival

Only a day remained before the famed U.A. Sports Festival. A standoff within the halls of U.A. was ignited by a certain pyromaniac and a certain insomniac. . .

Katsuki: Out of my way, extras.

1-A: *dies*

A crowd had formed outside the doors of the Hero Course classes.

Iida: Stop calling people "extras" just because you don't know them!

???: I came to see what the famous Hero Course was like, but you seem pretty arrogant.

And there stood Hitoshi Shinso, eyes locking with Katsuki Bakugo's.

Shinso: Are all the students in the Hero Course like this?

1-A: *vehemently shaking heads*

Shinso: Seeing something like this makes me disillusioned. There are quite a few people who applied for general studies or other courses because they didn't make it into the Hero Course. Did you know that?

Katsuki: . . .

Shinso: The school has left those of us a chance. Depending on the results of the sports festival, they'll consider out transfer into the Hero Course. And it seems they may also transfer people out.

The Future Heroes tensed at the possibility of losing that title.

Shinso: Scouting out the enemy? I, at least, came to say that even if you're in the Hero Course, if you get too carried away, I'll sweep your feet out from under you. I came here with a declaration of war. . .

And it wouldn't be the first one of the day. Once the crowd dispersed, Class 1-A stood face to face with Class 1-B. . .

Monoma: Hey. . . Don't you think this would be the perfect chance to prove which class is better?

Itsuka: Again with this?

Zeny: No. . . He has a point. *smirks* This is a competition after all.

At that, Izuku paled. The Classes stood as opposing teams, staring their opponents down.

Zeny: As the Class Representative of 1-B. . .

I declare war on 1-A.

Katsuki: Tch. You better come at us with everything you've got, emo.

Zeny: Oh, I plan to. . .

1-B: *deadpans* . . . Rose is already really into this. . . .

———————————————————————

U.A. - Entrance

The crowd gathering within and beyond the gates of U.A. was overwhelming to say the least. The actual festival portion of the Sports Festival was set up just beyond the school's entrance and before the grand stadium.

Reporter 1: The back checks taking forever!

Reporter 2: They were just attacked by villains, it makes sense that they'd be more strict. There are people critiquing their decision to hold it this year.

Reporter 1: Controversy equals ratings! The First Year's Hero Course will be the ones to watch this year, huh?!

Mt. Lady: One order of takoyaki, please.

Among the heightened security were three Heroes, Mt. Lady, Kamui Woods, and Death Arms.

Vender: Oh! Mt. Lady!

Mt. Lady: No green seaweed.

Vender: One, right? That'll be 500 yen.