Chapter 18 The Tournament Pt. 2

Izuku Midoriya opened and closed his fist, flickering One For All.

Izuku: Salt Shaker. Salt. Shaker.

The power steadily built bit by bit before he reached a comfortable level and let it sit. After a few moments, the power faded and he let out a deep breath.

Izuku: Okay. I can do this. . . I can't do this!

You could at least try to be confident.

His eyes soon met those of Zeny Rose.

Zeny: But then again. . . You and confidence don't ever seem to mix.

Izuku: Ouch. . .

Zeny: *sighs* What's wrong? You seem more uneasy than ever.

Izuku: It's just. . . I guess I'm kind of scared after the last round. *scratches head*

Zeny: Yeah, I'd be kind of scared too.

Izuku: I mean, how am I supposed to follow that up? Every time I see Todoroki's power. . . *sighs* It makes me feel like I've just been blessed with luck-

Zeny: Stop.

Izuku: Huh?

Zeny: I said stop!

Her eyes flared blue as she placed her hands on his shoulders, her fingers tightly grasping his shirt as his emerald eyes met her gaze. . .

Zeny: Izuku, during the Obstacle Course, you beat us. All of us. You outsmarted us! During the cavalry battle, YOU picked YOUR teammates. Your decisions directly led to you making it here!

Izuku: . . .

Zeny: And don't forget all the hard work you put in to train One For All. And all the training you and I did together!

A few rifts formed in her skin. . .

Zeny: . . . When you talk and act like that, you make me feel like all that time we spent together was worthless. . .

Her grip faltered as she slowly enveloped him in a hug.

Izuku: I. . . I'm so sorry. . .

His felt the sting of tears in his eyes but did his best to hold them back.

Zeny: If you're sorry, then show me. Get out there and stand tall. Be proud of yourself and smile! Fight - and - Win. . .!

Please. . . Just believe in yourself.

The Ninth Holder of One For All gently hugged her tight, his lips curling into a small smile.

Izuku: I'll do my best. . .

Zeny: You better. I still want that fight. *smiles*

Izuku: I'll be sure to give it to you. . . .

———————————————————————

Izuku Midoriya Vs Hitoshi Shinso!

Present Mic: From the Hero Course, we have Izuku Midoriya! VERSUS! From General Studies, it's Hitoshi Shinso!

The adversaries found themselves standing on the arena, Izuku popping his knuckles as Shinso cranked his neck. . .

Izuku: I'm ready. . . .

Stands

Zeny Rose returned to her seat, watching closer than even All Might and Inko Midoriya.