Chapter 28 Paradigm Shift

My name is Nuwa. . . Prepare to die!

The mysterious women drenched in red and white grinned madly, golden eyes glistening under the bloody moon! Zeny Rose let the cracks forming on her settle, cerulean aura fighting back against the darkness of night as she met her enemy's gaze. . .

The wind began to quicken, and the ground began to rumble. The concrete was breaking, the young Hero-in-Training nearly losing her balance. . .

Zeny: What in the-

Her eyes bulged as her instinct screamed, the girl kicking off the ground as Nuwa flashed towards her, plunging her fist into the ground and completely fracturing the street! She vanished without a trace, and with her instincts screaming again, Zeny whirled and unleashed a pulse of force with the swipe of her arm, pushing the woman away and throwing herself back to the ground! She skid to a stop as the enemy landed. . .

Nuwa: My, my, aren't you quick?

Those words reminded her of Fuyumi's warning, her command to stay out of the fight. . .

Zeny: Yeah. . . I'm not supposed to be fighting you. . .

Then, Nuwa dashed, appearing before her in the blink of an eye. . . A fist dug into the teenager's abdomen, forcing out a pained gasp before she was blown into the air! The Villain was already above her, elegantly twirling to bring her leg down upon Zeny! The trainee crashed against the ground with enough force to fracture it further! The woman flung herself down after her, the ravennette suddenly rising into a handstand to avoid the descending heel, following the evasion up with a shin-kick to Nuwa's face! The enemy caught herself with ease as Zeny flipped onto her feet, the rifts in her skin darker and wider. . .

It was clear to the child that running was not an option.

Nuwa: You look startled? Did I surprise with my speed?

Zeny: That wasn't as fast as mom. No one is. (Smiles) I've seen better.

Nuwa: Have you? Well then, let's see if those words hold true

The explosions in the sky, and the strange rumbles in the ground began to awake the napping Provisional-Hero in the safe zone. Nejire Hado stirred, a long and deep yawn leaving her mouth.

She lazily rose to her feet and stretched her arms. Just like the citizens of Korriban, she became enthralled with the fireworks detonating in the sky, the battle between the Shining Star and Shohei Yakumo.

And just like those around her, she missed the flashes of red and blue emitting from the city itself. . . .

Nuwa and Zeny clashed, their knuckles and knees colliding one after the other before their arms crossed, fists crashing into one another's face!

The Hero grit her teeth and the Villain smiled!

Zanma!