Chapter 30 Final Exams

In one week's time, the spring semester's final exams would commence. The contents of the written exam had already been decided, but in the chaos caused by EverKnight's arrival in Japan, the practical portion was still in planning.

Hence the purpose for yet another meeting between the Staff of UA High. The Principal pushed his paws together and leaned onto the table with a devilish grin on his face. . .

Nezu: Hmm. . . So are we all in agreement that the first years will be facing at least one of us for their practical?

Aizawa: Facing Pro-Heroes who've faced countless REAL villains is the most difficult test we could administer.

Midnight: It honestly might be too difficult. They are only first years. . .

Vlad King: First years who've faced real villains themselves.

Snipe: Much of your class was unconscious, King. . .

The Blood Hero scoffed and leaned back in his seat.

Vlad King: Even more of a reason for us to put them through this. They need experience fighting actual, thinking people. Not mindless robots.

Aizawa: I'm in agreement.

Thirteen: I as well. Those children that were up managed to succeed where I failed against that Warpgate. . . I have faith in them.

The Chimera hummed and gave it some thought.

Nezu: There are a few avenues in which we could approach such a test.

The first of which was having the students face their homeroom teachers head-to-head, passing but subduing their opponent. It was simple, too simple. Not only that, but it was an almost guaranteed failure for just about every student in their first year.

The second was largely same, but placing the students in pairs to face various different teachers. However, even then, a Two-On-One fight between trainees and an experienced pro wasn't exactly favorable for the former.

The third plan would include the same Two-On-One matchups, where the students could either subdue their opponent or escape from the battle. It would be obscenely difficult to succeed, but unlike the two prior plans. . . it was possible.

Present Mic: No restrictions for us, huh? I don't want to accidentally hurt the little listeners. . .

Nezu: I considered power-weights, but would they really make much of a difference?

The creature glanced at the underpowered All Might, who gave them all a sheepish smile.

Nezu: I'll leave it to the homeroom teachers to place their students in pairs. Any other questions?

Aizawa: . . . I believe we haven't addressed the elephant in the room.

All eyes turned to Yagi, the man blanching.

All Might: I assure you, I've come up with a plan in case my time limit runs out. . .

1-B's teacher crossed his arms with a sigh, knowing full well he'd be the one stuck with the old man's folly.

Vlad King: And this plan is?

Toshinori chuckled and whipped out his phone.

Let me call in a quick favor.

———————————————————————

Cafeteria

The DekuSquad and Team Rose met at their usual table within the café, but instead of their normal routine of getting food and talking about whatever, five of six of them had their noses inside their notes and schoolbooks.