Chapter 8 Starting Lines

The first round for Class 1-A ended. The Heroes won. . .

Kaminari: What the heck. . .?

Uraraka was vomiting, and Izuku was unconscious.

Kaminari: The losers are practically uninjured, and the winners are on the ground. . .

Tokoyami: They lost the battle, but won the war, huh?

Tsuyu: This is training though. . .

All Might was on the battle ground, a machine driven stretcher carrying Izuku away. . . The Hero turned his gaze to the still dumbstruck Katsuki Bakugo. . .

Katsuki: My right arm. . . Deku predicted it. On top of that. . . he found a way to win the exercise. . .

The blonde practically began hyperventilating, his pupils dilating back and forth. . .

Katsuki: Does this mean if we seriously fought all out. . . Deku would completely beat. . .?

The Symbol of Peace placed his hand on the pyro's shoulder.

All Might: Come back, Young Bakugo. It's time to review the results. Whether you win or lose, looking back and learning from your experience is a part of life. . . .

———————————————————————

1-B - Morning

The MVP of round one was. . . Neito Monoma. It was an easy decision. He came up with the strategy to fight the largest threat and coordinated with his teammate excellently. It was unfortunate that he was still unconscious. . .

Zeny: Maybe I should've dialed back the force of that last punch.

All of the members of 1-B were in the monitoring room, excluding the recovering Monoma. . .

Tetsutetsu: Congrats, Rose! You hung on while fighting two-on-one!

Zeny: Th-Thanks. . . It was luck really. Monoma and Kendo had me.

Itsuka: Oh, don't be so humble! We definitely blundered there. Your Quirk is so strong!

Zeny: I-I'm not being humble. Besides, I wouldn't have been able to win without Kodai. If it wasn't for her, I would've just been cornered in the room.

Yui: B-But, you lead them there. . .

Zeny: And it was your idea for me to. Yeah sure, I fought them both for a while, but it would've been for nothing if we didn't have your trap. There's more to being a Hero than putting up a good fight. . .

Kodai stood there in silence for just a moment, as did the rest of the class. So, so many of them, had expected the girl who scored first place on the Practical Exam and Quirk Assessments, to simply take all the credit for herself and boast about her powerful Quirk and abilities. . . but, Zeny Rose didn't. Instead, she was humble, only accepting reasonable praise while heaping piles of it onto who she believed contributed even more than she did. . . 

Yui: . . . (smiles) I guess you're right. Thank you. . . Mm!

The Rose simply smiled. . . It looked like her first friend at U.A. was Yui Kodai. . .

Tetsutetsu: (teary eyed) So manly. . .

Komori: Man, Rose sure is cool. . .

Pony: Such sportsmanship! As expect of the Heroes!

Tsuburaba: It's good to know she won't just rub things in our face.

Awase: You hear that, Kamakiri?

Kamakiri: Shut up! I already acknowledged her strength, don't make me embarrass myself more!