Prologue

Things are different now, since he took over. Every opening, every escape route, has been sealed off. There's no way in or out. We're trapped.

At first we didn't notice the changes, we just thought perhaps Odin was going senile, forgetting how things were done. He changed the rules where they didn't need changing, everything was perfectly tranquil. Then one day he slipped up in front of a servant, of course he went and blabbed to his friends and family, who told their friends and family, and so it went on, like a... Fire spreading through Asgard. That's when people panicked, packed up their lives ready to leave, attempting to sneak out in the night. How could they think they weren't being watched? They know whenever you sneeze up in that palace.

But they ran anyway. I think one family made it out before he sealed every inch of Asgard off, I don't know where they went, I don't know if they made it out, they might have been caught in the tunnel as it was closing around them. He's a monster now. Changed our way of life. And what for? So he can sit on a throne and call himself our king? You can wear a crown sure, you can sit on some chair, that doesn't make you fit for ruling over an entire civilisation.

There's nothing we can do. We march in order as he tells us to, we stay in our houses when he says so, we work what he tells us to, build what he needs, grow what he eats, while we would rather die. We're a kingdom held hostage, cut off from the other realms, there's no way in or out. This is no way to live, for any of us. It's time for Loki's reign to end!