Part 17: Confrontations and disagreements

"That wasn't fair, I wasn't ready" I clambered to my feet and brushed myself off. Loki had decided that we should exercise my powers, much to Sif's dismay, but I think she was more envious than angry toward me. Being princesses we aren't to participate in such activities, we are in words 'too dainty' Women of our stature are supposed to smile brightly and curtsey, but both of us missed the swing of a sword and only I was allowed to indulge myself without being frowned upon by the others, if Sif were to practice her craft without a persuading enough reason, then she wouldn't be a princess fit for her title.

But, Loki decided it was a good idea and therefore it was a good idea, no need to say more "you said that last time, and the time before that, and the time bef..."

"Ok, ok I get it"

"Then learn to protect yourself, in a true scenario your attacker won't give you a countdown to when he fires, he won't wait until you are ready" I asked him to be honest, I wanted feedback not baby talk, and I suppose I got what I asked for.

I got back into position, then stood normally with one hand on my hip as I had a sudden thought "I read about Vanir magic, and none of it is offence, it's all nature and growth"

I was being an irritating student which was evident in Loki's expression as he stood up straight "I told you, because your magic is mixed with Aesir qualities, the magic has been modified"

"Yes but, is that actually a thing?"

"Apparently so" My life had become one big farfetched mystery, which I was solving one day at a time while finding more mystery. It's funny when you're a child, you don't particularly think much of yourself, you don't picture a good future for yourself, but as it happens and things become a blur, you miss those days of bliss ignorance and innocence.

Loki got back into position but was interrupted by a voice behind him, his jaw tensed and his eyes hardened, this was going to be a very long day "my king, might I have words?" Sif stood behind him wearing an expression that was just as equally hard as Loki's, she was angry. Loki nodded with a slight pause, he did not favour these constant interruptions "in private perhaps..." her eyes darted to me and then darted away just as quickly, she was signalling that the conversation wasn't for my ears, yet subtlety was not her strong suit.

He huffed "whatever you have to say to me, you can say in front of her"

Sif bit her lip and tilted her head a little "very well... I don't feel this training is appropriate, and neither is your relationship"

His head turned swiftly to her "know your place Sif!"

"My place is to look after the princess, she is not to indulge in fighting. As for your relationship, at the very least it is improper at this time, she has yet to choose a husband should we find the lost prince, which by the way is still an ongoing search..."

"Our relationship is of no concerns of yours Sif, so I advise you not to whine further on the subject, as far as her training goes, she must learn to control her abilities"

"I respect that but I think it would be wise to exercise the more... Vanir qualities in her powers, and not the Asgardian, after all she is of Vanaheim royalty now" Loki's eyes tightened around her face like he was squeezing it until it was crushed, there was such an atmosphere of hate between them, often they would try not to acknowledge it, but it was always present whenever they spoke.

"And what do you know about this subject? Sif" he spat her name with such spite, I wondered if he cut the inside of his cheek with that sharp tongue.

She bit her lip again "I don't need to know how to make three of myself to know that a princess shouldn't be doing this" it was hard for her to say, she loved fighting more than any of us.