Part 21: Never ever hide your heart

I stared down into the cold waters thrashing beneath me, the cold and fierce water, I was trying to think about anything but what had happened, I was thinking about what it would be like to be the ocean, stupid but it was better than imagining me killing people, what a nightmare I would face if I would do it. A voice came from behind me and I knew who it was instantly "you're not going to jump are you?" Loki was trying to joke but I guess then wasn't the time.

I watched the water crash against itself, I considered what it would be like to take the plunge, the feeling of the icy water piercing my skin like millions of needles "if I did would you jump in after me? Even with all the pain that would follow"

"Well the cold wouldn't really affect me..." I turned to him with a serious face "yes I would, for you I would jump off of the edge of Asgard"

"Can you do that?"

"I don't know I haven't really tried it" I laughed a little but I was too sad, I wanted to be happy and humorous but my heart ached and I just couldn't.

My eyes studied the water again "would you really do that for me? Even after what I..."

He grabbed my shoulders and spun me to face him, one hand on my cheek, I was honoured by moments like these, when he showed me how much he cared for me, I have seen a side of him others would not see in a thousand life times, at least I had him to smile about "Hey, none of that okay? You haven't done anything wrong"

"Do you take me for a fool? If you had not been there I would... I would have murdered my best friend, I don't know if I could live with that, so maybe I would jump off of this damn bridge, at least it would be over"

"It wouldn't be over, yes you'd be dead, but you'd have to deal with everything in the place beyond here"

"Loki if I become this I'd be..."

"Like me?" He interrupted.

I shook my head, my heart aching more now at his comment, how could he ever think that "no that's not what I was going to s..."

"I know what I am Eerika, I know what I have done, the people I have hurt, but I have found a way to live with it and move on, but you, you have done for me what no one else could, you've brought me back from darkness somehow, you've fixed me and polished me up so that I'm all new again, let me do the same for you"

Tears befell my eyes and I began to sob "I'm so, sick, of crying, I don't want to do it anymore"

"All you have to do is ask and I can stop that, I promised myself I would never make you cry ever again"

Gently I took his hand and began to squeeze it a little, staring into his eyes I pleaded "help me, fix me, bring me back"

He kissed my forehead and hugged me for a moment "I guess training isn't working to help you control your powers, maybe we need to get away, a change of scenery" a massive smile grew on his lips as he guided me into the Bifrost, Endre put his sword into the port and the lightning began to appear "where are we going?"

"You'll see" Endre turned the sword and we were sucked through the portal, it was the same feeling as the last couple of times I had been through it, it gets easier but that feeling like you're a weight being pulled down, never goes away. We landed in an alleyway, a 'newspaper' drifted along the floor and I knew where we were.

Quickly I turned to Loki with a puzzled expression "Midgard?"

"Yes, I want to show you around, in my brief time here, a most regrettable time, I saw that earth has a lot of hidden beauties, treasures that the humans take for granted, I come here a lot actually, it's nice to now and again pretend to be human, pretend to be vulnerable. Even if I am an amazing god with great hair" I laughed at him and he smiled at my laughing "hold still, we have to fit in here" he stared at me for a moment and then my body began to glow green, when it was over I looked down at myself and I was in Midgardian attire, he told me what each piece of clothing was called so I wasn't a complete idiot.