Part 11: "There is no us!"

I woke up in his bed, in Loki's bed, surrounded by his smell. I had a sudden recollection of why I was in his bed, a smile stretched to my eyes and I looked to my side, I was in Loki's bed that much I'd already established, but I was in it alone. My heart began to pound and every sense of abandonment that I had came flooding into my mind, tears began to well in my eyes and my stomach tightened.

How could he leave me? What had I done to deserve this? I sat up in panic and searched the entirety of the room, shuffling to the edge of the bed and standing on my two feet, gripping the sheet tight around me. There was a small door opposite the bed which lead to a mystery room, I grabbed the handle and swung the door open. Only to blush when I found Loki bathing, my mouth hung open as he looked around with a startled look, then as he saw me his face softened "sorry" I said quickly and slammed the door shut.

I leant against the door and that sick feeling I had went away, I squeezed my eyes shut because I had completely embarrassed myself "you're welcome to join me" I blushed and turned to look at the door, before yesterday I was bold and would have jumped in without checking the water level first, but now... I wasn't so much, I was blushing and getting knots in my stomach, that wasn't me. I heard him laughing to himself, I pursed my lips and crossed my arms. Turning to the door I pushed the door open and put my hands on my hips, which by the look on his face he hadn't expected me to do.

Pretend he's Ake or something I thought, I could mindlessly flirt with him, so why couldn't I do it with Loki only on a more... Serious level? I crossed my arms again and made my way to the bathing pool, which was wide and round, his elbows were rested aside the bathing pool stretching out his torso, he had bubbles surrounding him and to be honest if he wasn't already one I'd say he looked like a God "budge up then" I smirked as his eyes widened a little, I bit my lip and my eyes locked to his as I released the sheet, he smirked then and I sat in the warm water opposite him.

"gee my baths half the size of this" I said examining the pool.

He seemed to smile "use this whenever you like"

I smiled awkwardly and then a thought came to me "Are we... Am I your..."

"I don't know" his eyes averted mine "you have to understand things are complicated, because I'm the king"

"I should have known" I should have known, I should have, he was king of an entire realm, how could anything like this work? I didn't even know if I wanted this to work... Did I like Loki? What had he ever done for me? What did he ever do to show any kind of love for me? Even if I could give him time to show me love, it didn't seem like he wanted to.

"Known what?" his eyebrows furrowed .

I went to roll my eyes but decided not to as Loki had already pointed out that I did it a lot "you're king, you can't have relationships"

"I'm sorry Eerika" that flicker in his eyes dimmed and I felt saddened.

I pulled my head out of misery and smiled, I swivelled my legs and got on my hands and knees, crawling over to him I slid my hand on his shoulders and straddled him, I took my hand and ran it through his dark tresses "for now then, lets just have fun" He grinned and I leant down to touch my lips to his.

After a very 'steamy' bath we got dry and went for breakfast, I hoped Ake wouldn't notice Loki and I walking in together, I hadn't given him any reason to suspect us, we weren't holding hands or had our arms wrapped around each other, we just walked in, close I admit, but that wasn't a good enough reason. I sat down in my usual seat and Loki sat in his, Ake gave me a look, like he was examining me, then a guard came in and whispered something in Loki's ear. Loki got up and left with the guard leaving me alone with Ake and no back-up.