Part 5: A party in Asgard

Cautiously I made my way to my chambers which Loki had told us about on that first day. All the warriors were asked to live in the palace, our chambers directly next to, or across, from each other. Which was actually a good thing because if tragedy should strike, we would all already be together.

I sat on the bed for a while, looking around my chambers, it was about half the size of the royal chambers, with a window and place to keep my clothes, a dressing table and that was it. I would have to personalise it but I had to face facts that this was my life, and those four walls were the walls I would look at before I went to sleep every night.

I was also pondering talking to Loki again, I had to ask about my job here and I wasn't too keen on asking him. I got up to do what I had to do but I heard a shout from outside "whoop whoop!" I looked outside popping my head around my door, and saw Colby waving his arms around, joined by Endre and Gustav. Gustav was stuffing his face and Endre... Well Endre was doing a fantastic impression of a rock, only it was permanent.

Ake popped his head out of his door, with scruffy hair like he had just woken up "go to bed Colby" he yawned.

"No way man!" He shouted. I would have told him to keep it down but I felt timid around them, separate from them.

"Fine! I'll come with you" he didn't want to, but he knew that Colby was capable of anything, he shouldn't be allowed out by himself without supervision, Ake, had volunteered himself.

He ran back into his chamber and threw on some clothes and slicked his hair back "are you coming?" They hadn't even noticed I was here but he had. Everyone's head snapped around to me, I felt uncomfortable under their gaze. Ake's eyes were expectant and also waiting for an answer.

"I don't think so..."

"What a shame" Colby mocked sarcastically, faking a pout.

"Colby!" Ake snapped "come on I could use some civilised company.

Admittedly I was flattered "what's that supposed to mean! We don't want her here!"

His forked tongue had flicked too much poison my way, and I wasn't about to stand there and take it from a weasel like him "because I'm a woman?" I put my hand on my hip.

"Yeah" he gave me a sharp smug smile, which I wanted to rip off his face.

"Let me guess, I should be home, cooking and having babies, is that it? Do you think I can't fight?" I crossed my arms now, leaving the doorway and coming out into the corridor.

"Please, you couldn't hit water if you fell out of a boat" he scoffed, Gustav chuckled behind him.

I felt my face redden and then my body just jerked forward like I had no control. I grabbed his right arm and twisted it behind his back, I held it so that his back was to me "what was that?" He jerked about like a fish on a line, Ake was trying to suppress a smile but managed to separate us.

"Bitch" he said under his breath.

"Too right I am!" I smiled smugly this time, he growled under his breath "I'd love to come, Ake" I grinned at him and then to Colby who was evidently not amused.

We went to a large room with long wooden tables and beer enough to fill an army, I hadn't expected people but the room was alive with gossip and chit chat, something I had missed. My aunt had loads of friends and she would often have them round at our house, I loved the sound of them talking and laughing, but I had heard about parties in the palace, it was different to a friendly gathering, here they would party for weeks. 'Commoners' would be able to just show up to a palace party but I never did, I was too busy training.