Part 22: A Paris artist

After we went to London, Loki took me to Paris, there was even more culture and art to explore. We got a hotel room with a view of the Eiffel Tower, I went to have a shower and when I came back Loki told me I had to go into another room, whatever he was doing wasn't ready to see yet. After a while of sitting watching movies and listening to music in a white shirt, only a white shirt, he called me back in to show me his masterpiece.

He had painted the Eiffel Tower and the surrounding view, I rested my head over his shoulder as he let me stare at his art "you're just full of surprises aren't you Loki Laufeyson, what else don't I know about you?" Once, I said I knew all I needed to know about him, but it doesn't hurt to know what he likes to do when no one is watching.

He turned to me with an intrigued expression "say my name again"

I furrowed my eyebrows, wondering what this was all in aid of "... Loki Laufeyson?"

"Do you know, that's the first time I've heard you say my full name, actually it's the first time I've heard someone say it and not completely loath it" I wasn't surprised at that, Loki hated who he truly was, that's why it was so hard for him to show me, he keeps the Laufeyson side of him buried deep beneath all of the pain and self hatred, it's taken me forever to get him to open up to me. He pivoted his neck so that he could kiss me before we turned back to the painting, it was truly beautiful. Then he got out a blank canvas and moved it into the bedroom, setting everything up so that it faced the bed "let me paint you"

"Wasn't this in one of those films I watched? With the blue heart necklace thing?"

"Well why shouldn't your life be a movie? Come on, please? Don't make me beg Eerika"

"Like that would ever happen" I looked at his mischievous smile and puppy eyes, instantly I caved "alright" I sighed "where do you want me?"

He studied our surroundings and his smile grew wider, though he tried to stay serious "I want you on the bed and the shirt on the floor next to the bed" I bit my lip and began to unbutton the shirt as he got his brushes and paints ready, I lay on the bed leaving the shirt behind, he looked over the top of the canvas, studying his subject, then he got off of the stool and came over to me, playing with the sheets and moving me into a pose, covering between my legs with a red sheet.

Loki sat back down on the stool and then his eyes began to study every inch of my body, the intense look in his eyes, I began to blush under it, he chuckled a little "what?"

"Models don't blush"

"Well I hate to break it to you, but I don't do this all the time, in fact I don't think a Vanaheim princess has been painted quite like this before" he smiled and then went back to the painting, after a while he noticed I was looking a little bored and put on some music to listen to. When he was done I wrapped a robe around me and looked at my painting "why didn't you tell me you could paint?"

"I didn't think it was important"

I nudged him and then a thought came to me "can we go to New York? I've heard people talking about it in Asgard, I want to go there before we have to go back home" his face fell and a darkness took over his eyes, he began to pack away his art stuff like I never said a thing, for a couple of minutes he seemed to ignore me too "what did I say?"

"Do you know why Asgardians talk about New York?"

"No..."

"That's where I almost massacred an entire city" I was only slightly shocked, I knew that he traveled to earth before, everyone did, Thor had to bring him back in a muzzle, but I didn't know the details of what he had done. Then again I knew I was sleeping with an ex devil "tell me something do you believe in redemption?" I nodded "I don't, never did, the people of New York aren't as forgiving as you, if they see me they'll throw me right into S.H.I.E.L.D's hands, you too, and then they'll torture you until you tell them everything they want to know about me"

"You could disguise us with your powers"

He became all defensive and angry, his tone rising "you don't understand! I can't go back there, it's a whole can of worms I don't want to open, I don't want to see it's citizens, I don't want to see it's buildings, nothing!" he walked around me and I just stood there, I understood, I was just being selfish.

Now I look back I wished I'd just stopped talking "but maybe going back there would be a good thing, you'd see that everything is okay now"

"You don't know me Eerika, not really, you don't know what I've done"

"Yes I do, I know you"

"No you don't, you haven't seen how cold, ruthless and truly cruel I can be, you haven't seen me kill eighty people in two days and love it, you haven't seen what I could do before I loved you"

"I don't need to know all of that stuff, I know who you are now, that's enough"

"No it's not, come with me" he took hold of my hand and dragged me out of the room, forgetting I was only wearing a robe. We arrived in the lobby, he told me to stay where I was while he put on a show "ladies and gentlemen, we're going to play a game of sorts, ip dip do, I'm sure you've all heard of it" I was puzzled as to what he was doing, he pointed his finger at the man behind the desk and started playing the game with everyone in the lobby "the bellhop, perfect"

"What are you doing?" I sighed, I watched as he grabbed the boy and escorted him toward me, he was about arms length away, Loki stood behind him with a dagger to his throat "no!"

"This is the least of what I can do to a person, I could make this man implode from the inside if I wanted to"

"Don't do this, I get your point, but please don't hurt him"

"You know, five minutes ago I would have done as you asked, simply because I love you, but years ago I loved no one and cared for nothing, so I would just do this" he slit his throat in front of me, his blood splattering over me, I gasped and stepped back a few steps, then I ran "did I scare you? Oh good, now you know how they probably felt!" I kept running but realised he wasn't coming after me, I popped my head around the corner where he had a child, an innocent, his dagger to her neck "come back or I kill her"

Slowly I walked back into the lobby "okay I'm here, just please, let her go" he removed the dagger and the child ran from us.

He stepped closer to me and I gulped, my whole body trembling "let me show you something" he put his hands to my forehead, there was an entire flashback of everything that happened in New York, the destruction he caused, it was horrible. When he released me he pushed me back a few steps, the flashback actually hurt, it was a lot of information to take in, in only a couple of seconds "now do you see?" I nodded, then a cold blade jammed itself into my chest, I flopped onto Loki, my head resting on his shoulder, as he whispered into my ear "I kill everyone I see"

I gasped for air as I sat up in the bed, had it all been a dream? I checked my bare chest, there was no wound, Loki came in smiling, I stayed still, my expression unsure, could I trust him? He sat next to me and pushed my hair behind my ear "I didn't want to wake you, you fell asleep while I was painting you" I let out a sigh of relief "what?"

"Nothing, I just had a... Nightmare"

"Too much french chocolate" he grinned, then he patted my leg as he got up "come along, you must pack whatever you want to take back to Asgard" I nodded, as I got out of the bed my body glowed green and I was wearing my Asgardian attire again, I didn't even realise he was doing it. I began to pack up slowly, my mind was on the dream "are you alright?"

"Yes I'm fine"

"That dream really has you frightened doesn't it? What was it about?"

"I dreamt that Odin came back and hurt you" I lied.

"That's never going to happen, Odin is as good as gone"

"Did you kill him?" I stopped packing and he stopped what he was doing.

He wasn't going to lie "yes" he said bluntly "but you must remember I was a different man then, I didn't know you"

"I know" I smiled and went back to packing, I didn't want this conversation to turn into my dream.

Once we finished packing, he summoned the Bifrost and in no time we were back in Asgard, who knows maybe it was all a dream, maybe I'd wake up in a little while and none of it would have happened, our amazing time in London, Paris, perhaps it was in my head. But, days went past and I realised it was all real, thank the gods my dream of Loki and the bellhop wasn't real.