Part 24: Wedding from hell

About a month had passed since our trip to Midgard, but now we arrive at the day of our betrothal, Loki and I will be bound together for all to bare witness, our sacred bond is never to be broken, even in death itself. Perhaps Ake had finally come to terms with everything, Sif too, they never objected to our betrothal throughout the whole month, but I was anxious they would try something on the actual day.

I was dressing in my long, white dress, when Sif walked in "might I come in?"

"Depends on what business you have here"

"I wanted to apologise, but I wanted to ask if... And don't go mad... But I wanted to know if you were sure about this, I don't mean because I want you to marry Ake, or because I don't want you to marry Loki, I was just thinking maybe you're doing it for the wrong reasons. I'm afraid you're doing this just to unify the two realms"

I shook my head and turned to her she was being utterly ridiculous "you were fine with it when the idea was presented to us, besides I haven't thought of the plan to unify the realms in quite a while, I've been having too much fun with my future husband... Oh, how, strange it is to say, my future husband" I giggled at the thought and noticed Sif rolling her eyes "why do you ask?"

"I do care about you, you know, we were friends once"

I scoffed at that "if you were my true friend then you would support my decision!"

Sif crossed her arms "no a friend wouldn't sit by and let you ruin your life!"

"I'm not ruining my life!" My voice became louder and I could feel my hands becoming hot, I had control now, but every now and then I couldn't contain it, even over an argument so small, Loki stuck his head around the door.

"what's going on in here?" He saw my angered expression, the red tint rising in my eyes, he ran to me and took my hands "calm down Eerika"

"Get out!" I screamed at Sif, she cried sorry and left, my attention turned to Loki, he was trying to calm me, to my surprise it was actually working.

Loki sighed as he noticed I was becoming normal again "I've been playing with an idea" he spoke like he was uncertain, whatever the idea was he didn't know if it would work "when I was a child my mother gave me some of her magic so that I would never feel different, I can do the same for you, except I could maybe take yours away"

"What?" I half cried it, but I was also half relived too, there were two voices in my head, telling me what I could lose and what I could gain if I lost my burden. All of my training would have been for nothing, I would have worked that hard just to lose it all. I wouldn't be able to defend myself if I needed to. My promise to Loki about fighting beside him would be broken, I wouldn't be able to call upon my strength. I could be normal. I could never be afraid of hurting someone, all of my fears, put to rest. Imagine it.

"I could make it all go away, it would be like you never had them, you'd be... You, again" he seemed slightly saddened, like he thought he was about to take something I loved away, but I didn't love my powers, they were a terrible burden "but, they wouldn't be gone completely, it's more like I'm suppressing them, to do that I have to give you new magic" I furrowed my eyebrows, I was unsure of how more power could help me "no no, it would be more manageable magic, my, magic. I share the power of my mother, Frigga, as the next queen I only see it as fitting for you to share them too"

A small smile began to tug at the edge of my lips, it was a good idea, but whether it would actually work would be a different matter "how will you do it?"

"I'm not sure how my mother did it but I can replicate the kind of magic needed, we could do it at the ceremony, we will not only be unified to each other, but you will share my powers too"

"Could it back fire?"

"I don't know, your powers could become out of control, or you could lose them all together" I shuddered at those risks "but" he took my hands again "it could work"

"I just have to be prepared to risk it..." He nodded slowly and I smiled softly, thinking about my choices, the pros and cons of losing my magic and gaining new magic "I'll think about it"

Neither of us were excited or downhearted, this could be a good thing, or it might not, but Loki is a master of magic, he could do this. Loki left me to finish getting ready and as did he, he was to be wearing his royal amour, saved for this occasion, I was to wear a lacy white dress with pink trimmings, and an extra long veil.

The ceremony was about to begin, my hand maid came to me to make sure I knew what I was doing, she was a small petite girl, her mother was Frigga's hand maid, but she was killed when the dark elves came "you and Loki will have the ceremony, then the feast begins and then the party doesn't stop" she grinned as she sorted the neck line of my dress "you look troubled miss"

"I have a great decision to make" my eyes were glued to the golden floor, my tone was soft "if I do not choose wisely then my whole life will change for the worst"

"Don't worry yourself miss, I trust you'll make the right choice"

"Thank you for your council" I smiled as did she.

"Are you ready?" I nodded as she opened the large doors, I saw the throne room, it was filled to the brim with Asgardians and Vanir, they had come to bare witnesses to our betrothal, our promise. No one knew of our plan for me to share Loki's power, that way I wouldn't have Ake or Sif whispering into my ear.

I began to walk down the isle, I could see Loki at the far end of the room, the throne behind him, he himself was to unite us, once it might have been Odin who had to do it. Loki looked so handsome, his hair was gelled back as it always was, but it was hidden by his helmet, he was dressed in green and silver and gold. When I arrived at his side, he eyed me up and down, grinning slightly, a true Loki smile.

(A/N: Not much is known about Norse god weddings, or if they're even called weddings, hence why I haven't called it one, basically no one knows if there are vows or a specific ritual or ceremony, so I'm winging it, if you have your own idea on how a Norse wedding would go, tell me in the comments- LMOM)

"Eerika, I promise that you will never be alone, that I will always be by your side to defend your honour and your life, I would say we were made for each other, but I think you were made for me, to save me. You have given me the courage to be a better king, I am honoured to make you my queen"

"Loki Odi..." Loki shook his head, I narrowed my brows and he leant to my ear and whispered something to me, he wasn't going to pretend to be someone else anymore "Loki Laufeyson" the whole room gasped but I ignored it "I promise that you will never be alone, that I will always be by your side to honour you and share your burdens, you have given me the courage to embrace my faults, I accept" I exaggerated that so he knew I was accepting his offer for new magic "you and your power" I saw Sif's face out of the corner of my eyes, she looked confused "I am honoured to be your queen"

Sif snuck next to the queen of Vanaheim, whispering something in her ear, the queens face changed and she stepped forward "Eerika, I pronounce you my wife and queen, and I your husband and king, do you accept?"

"I accept"

Loki took my hands in his "Then I now share with you, my power" the queen shouted no but it was too late, his hands glowed a strong green and then so did mine, the glow turned gold and a breath was stolen from me, I felt weightless for a second, then I felt weighed down, everything was changing inside of my body, it was strange and yet it was the most exhilarating feeling.

When it was over I collapsed into Loki's arms for a minute, when I awoke with a deep intake of breath, Loki looked relived, a wide smile befell my lips and wrapped my arms around his neck and kissed him, I could feel his grin as he kissed me and the whole room began to roar with excitement and applauds.

Suddenly the room fell silent as a great and bright light fell upon us, it was blinding and strong, there was a booming sound, Loki became rigid, his staff appeared in his hand and gripped it tightly, he pulled me close and waited for the light to clear.

A man stood at the end of the room, a flash of red and silver, Loki's eyes twitched and he growled at the sight of the man, I grew anxious as I watched the hatred return to Loki's eyes. Finally he spat out "Thor"