Part 20: Please understand!

Loki began to open up to me in the next couple of days, he confided in me about his father... His real father. He used the casket of ancient winters to show me who he truly was, he thought I would scream and run with my hands waving in the air, but wasn't disappointed when I took his hand and smiled. I knew everything I needed to know about him, to me that was enough.

Ake was avoiding me... Again. He hadn't blabbed to anyone else concerning his true title, for reasons I couldn't fathom. But, one day we bumped into him and things just began going down hill. Loki and I had been in the library and were discussing having a ball, the one he was planning before like they did in all the fairytales, but we weren't being serious, we were just mucking around. If we did host a ball it would be miserable, Sif and Ake would be staring daggers at us the whole time "it will be the grandest!" Loki said, putting on the royalty act and holding his head up high.

I giggled and acted very lady like "but of course, what other type is there?" We glanced at each other and broke into a fit of laughter, then we looked up and down the corridors to insure that no one was watching and began to dance down the corridor. He smiled... His smile... I turned to mush every time I saw it. Ake wasn't so charmed by him, he walked down the corridor we were dancing down just as Loki dipped me, I saw Ake upside down and even then he was frowning, no matter which way I was looking at him, Loki pulled me up and silence fell upon the corridor.

I saw something inside him snap, his eyes looking over us in disgust. Ake just didn't understand, the goings on inside a woman's heart is her secret to keep, it is the largest ocean, if Ake were to be lost in my oceans secrets, he would never find land, eventually he would drown. I wanted nothing more than for him to understand, to respect my decision. I knew his motives, and I do believe that he knew I didn't love him in that way, he just wanted to marry me to keep me away from Loki, incase you hadn't caught on yet.

As soon as I went to speak he turned and left, I didn't even run after him, Loki just looked at me and we shrugged and carried on dancing, but my mind wasn't completely in it. The next thing we knew Sif came barging in during one of my lessons, I was doing really well "can't I teach one lesson without you interrupting lady Sif?" Loki scowled.

"Why didn't you guys tell me about Ake? Or should I say prince Ake"

Loki and I gulped, we seemed to be doing things in sync now "we didn't tell you because..."

"Eerika this is what you were hoping for"

"Not anymore Sif, for I love Loki, and if he will have me, I will marry him"

Loki's eyes melted around me as Sif's eyes narrowed, he went to speak but she beat him to it "you can't be serious"

"I'm deadly serious"

"What has he done to you?"

"What? He hasn't done anything. I love him. Sif, can't you just understand? Please... I thought you were my friend"

"I..." I knew the 'friend' card would play at the loyal Sif's heart strings "I... Must talk it over with the queen, then I will deliver her decision to you" I played her just then! I took her weakness and exploited it... Perhaps I was just like Loki now.

I went to protest but she turned and left, why should my life be in the hands of someone else? "Oh Loki..." I put a hand to my heart and felt myself beginning to cry, I sniffled and he pulled me into a hug, resting his chin on my head.

"Shh, no need to fret my love, I am king here and if I choose to marry you then it shall be so"

"Do you mean it?"

"Of course"

He kissed my forehead softly but I was still at odds "but, they're trying to drive us apart, why is everything falling apart? Why can't we just have normal lives?"

"Because my darling, then it would be too simple"

Into his chest I sighed and buried my head, but I had unfinished business with Ake. I left Loki to go searching for Ake alone, with Loki there things would kick off, I merely wanted an audience with him, I didn't want to beat him to a pulp like Loki probably did.

However, I knew that Loki knew where I was going, so it didn't take much to know that he would be watching just in case. It didn't take long to find Ake, I just looked for the biggest crowd of people. Word had gotten out about Ake, goodness knows how, but it did and everyone wanted a piece of him, everyone just wanted to socialise with a royal who wasn't a kind of psychopath on his bad days.

Casually I dragged Ake out of the crowd and took him to the open corridors that lead to the gardens, I knew it would be quiet there "what do you think you're playing at?! How dare you try and come between Loki and I!"

As much as I hate to admit it, Ake had become a thorn in my side "I've told you before, I'm not saying it again"

"You were my best friend Ake, and now you can't even support me in my choices, not for Loki, not for us as a couple, but for me, just me... Please just understand"

"I can't" and with that he turned and left. I felt myself becoming angry, the rage was building up inside of me and I ran after him. He was coming between Loki and I, he had to understand that he couldn't cross that line if he wanted to be in my life.

It felt as if my hands and eyes were burning, when I was behind Ake I pushed him against a wall, pinning him with my arm under his chin. Suddenly I was stronger than him, he barely struggled, just stared into my eyes with fear... And I bathed in it. The unmistakable fear in his eyes made me feel stronger, more powerful.

"You won't take Loki away from me! I won't let you!" My other hand came from behind me, it still felt like fire. I was ready to kill him and I was going to enjoy it, I was bringing my hand closer to him and his fear was growing. As the fear was building, he was preparing himself for what I was about to do, he knew what was going to happen.

As my hand came into my view, I saw it was on fire, was I going to burn him to death? A second hand grabbed my wrist and yanked me back, I looked and it was Loki, his face stern and angry, was he angry with me? I snarled and pushed my hand toward him, touching his face. A red glow went though his mouth and his whole head was glowing, then it began to expand, he glowed green and was gone for a second, there was an explosion where his head should have been and then he reappeared.

He took my neck and lifted me off the ground, I began clawing at his arms, like I was an animal, I had no control over what I was doing, I was just so... So angry. But, the tighter his grasp on my neck became, the more I had my control back. I stopped scratching and relaxed, my eyes and hands weren't on fire anymore.

Loki released me and I panted a little, resting my hands on my knees. I glanced at Ake, he looked at me like he didn't know me, I couldn't live with that. Loki was doing the same and that I really couldn't take. They both saw me as a stranger. So I ran away to the Bifrost, it was the quietest place with the best view.

A great place to ask myself, what am I becoming?