Part 1: Enrolment

It's been a while now. Since he took over, since Loki took over Asgard. For the first couple of weeks we prayed that Thor would find passage into Asgard, we hoped maybe Odin still lived, or that even the Warriors three would stand up and fight. After a month we lost hope, Thor could never come back, there was no word of Odin or the Warriors three. We were alone.

Rumour has it that Loki transformed the Lady Sif into Lady Loki, but the women in the washrooms will imagine such rumours for their entertainment, others are gullible and believe them. God we need Thor, he's the only one who can save us. He knows Loki better than anyone, he must know how he can 'dethrone' him. If not someone has to step up, and that person will have to be me.

Let me tell you a little about myself, and why I have this crazy idea that I would be qualified to stop Loki. As in any tragic backstory my parents died when I was a little girl, I know, how unoriginal. But it's true, I know I should feel something, I should cry for them, but I don't remember them. I can't remember her smile or his laugh. I was just too young. My father fought against the frost Giants while my mother had just given birth to me days before, he didn't return home. In agony over his death my mother took her own life, leaving me in a small room while her body rotted in the next room.

That should keep me up at night. Anyway her sister Cathleen came to comfort her over the loss of my father. My mother and her hadn't spoken for so long she didn't even know she was pregnant. You can imagine her surprise as she cried over my mothers corpse, she heard the screaming of a baby. She took me in for a while but when I was old enough I left.

As a child Cathleen told me stories of the king and his sons, the Warriors three and Lady Sif. I always liked the Lady Sif ones. No body believed a woman could become a warrior, could fight for her kingdom. I aspired to be like her from that point on. I wanted to be just like her. So when I left I began to train myself, push myself, I turned myself into a warrior. But it was secret. The little friends I had, had no idea what I was doing behind closed doors.

I don't regret what I've done to myself, I don't regret keeping it from everyone. The day Loki slipped up was the day I enrolled, in fact it was a couple of hours before. So recently I received a scroll which accepted me into the palace and many others I'm sure. That's what I regret, that's the only thing I regret. Now I'm going to have to serve that... That despicable man. If I don't... They'll come here and ask me why I didn't show up. Can you imagine the conversation? "Sorry I despise the king"
"Well gee wiz what for?"
"Oh the general reasons, murder, treason, the usual"
"Oh ok we'll let you off then"
Yeah right. On what realm would that conversation end in my favour?

So I was left with a decision, work for him and maybe creep my way through his monarchy to bring him down, or use brain power trying to think of an excuse no one will believe. Careful universe you wouldn't want me spoiled for choice now would you? Then again a few more options would be just fabulous.

Knowing how things have changed up in the palace I'm not sure what will happen to us, what he's going to ask us to do. What if I'm asked to kill someone? Or torture them? What if I'm asked to destroy homes and families? I couldn't deal with that. I might be this trained warrior but I still care about the inhumane things I do.