Part 6: I think about 10 kids...

After a while you manage to lose track of all time, especially in the palace. It had been just over a week since the party started and only a couple of days ago did it finally end, it was nice to see that the Asgardians had not yet lost their love for celebrations.

Ake and I had continued with the playful flirting and I even noticed him and Loki laughing together. Laughing. I never thought Loki knew how to. Stupid I know but I didn't. However I had laughed with Ake many times and so that wasn't much of a surprise.

During that passed week we had, had our first proper dinner in the palace, the other days were the days we used to get settled and ate by ourselves. Now we were to eat on a long golden table, with Ake, Colby, Gustav and Endre, oh and Loki. At the end of the table was a tall luxurious chair for Loki, whereas we were to sit on a bench.

I could see how things might have been, in that chair would have been where Odin sat, on one side of his chair the bench ended early, whereas it didn't on the other, this was to make room for a second chair where I presumed Frigga would have sat, this chair has since been removed. On the opposite side would be where the two princes sat, with a choice of sitting next to Odin or next to Frigga.

But seating arrangements had changed dramatically, Frigga and Odin had departed this life and Thor had left Asgard, only Loki remained. I sat on the end where the bench ended early so I didn't have to be sat right next to Loki, Ake sat opposite me, Colby sat next to me, Gustav sat with Ake and Endre sat with Colby. I could swear that Colby only sat there to tick me off, or he was trying to make a point.

The first dinner was silent, everyone was afraid to talk, for the five minutes we all watched Gustav in horror, he didn't take any time to even taste the food, he just seemed to inhale it all, like he was a bottomless pit. After we watched him for a while we all began to eat and then were excused to bed.

On the second night there was a little more conversation, Colby was boasting about how he managed to separate two massive men from each other "oh shut up man" Ake said growing tired of his big headedness.

"I think it's for the king to decide whether I shut up or not! And I'm sure he wants to hear about his men's good wo..."

"Do not speak for me!" Loki shouted over him, the table went silent "and shut up!" We all suppressed a laugh when Colby's face fell, and there was a slight grin on Loki's face. Over the next couple of dinners we became more relaxed, the table came alive and laughter could be heard throughout the palace.

The dinner hall was large and had many tables so after a while Loki allowed for the servants and other staff to come and eat with us, eventually the hall was its own being, more than alive, it was the happiest place to be in the whole day.

Even Loki would join in from time to time, and he was treated less like a king and more like a friend, which was probably what he wanted. Most of the time though he would just sit and watch us, smiling, I guess things had always been like this, once upon a Odin ago, so it must have been a little joyful to see it again. To feel the life in the room. I certainly liked it.

After that week and a bit had gone by we were at dinner again, everything was as it had been every night, only Colby had moved to another table where a few of off duty guards sat, Endre unsurprisingly followed. Gustav just sat anywhere, never on the same table for long. Ake had moved over to sit next to me so I wouldn't be sat with a stranger, which was nice enough.

During this dinner we were laughing more than usual and we overly play flirted, he would feed me my food and I would do the same with him, we acted as if we were married and it was actually kinda fun "I think about ten kids would do" he joked.